Warehouse Operations Manager
City & State:
Warehousing, Shipper (Manufacturer or Distributor)
Our client is a family owned transportation company, providing dedicated contract transportation, logistics management and warehouse management solutions to customers across the country. With more than 85 years of transportation experience,our client is one of the top 10 privately owned transportation service companies in the country. The company operates in 48 states and has more than 300 locations nationwide.
Warehouse Operations Manager:
The Warehouse Operations Manager will manage and coordinate storage and distribution activities to ensure maximum utilization of facilities. This position is responsible for the overall management, administration and evaluation of warehouse operations. This position is ultimately responsible for business retention, revenue growth and customer satisfaction.
- Supervise and provide leadership to build and maintain a strong team through effective communications, recruiting, training, coaching, counseling, appraising, rewarding, developing, and succession planning. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Develop and implement strategy to achieve operational and financial performance expectations. Develop and direct execution of Key Performance Indicators targets as measured against customer and company goals.
- Administer operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials and keeping warehouse inventory current. Responsible for the financial performance of warehouse and/or assigned areas. Identify and implement revenue and cost savings efficiencies.
- Work with Warehouse Supervisors and direct reports in the completion of an annual operating budget, which provides the expenditures necessary to support our staff in the delivery of outstanding customer service while achieving our targeted return on investment.
- Build and develop business relationships with both internal and external customers. Act as a representative of the management team to the customer. Collaborate to achieve optimal solutions.
- Increase business and profitability through new and existing customers. Visit potential new customers with the sales team as a knowledgeable member of the
- Direct and monitor continuous improvement efforts. Plan and direct the implementation of new systems, processes, and procedures including technology and compliance initiatives. Ensure effective and efficient workflow and communications processes are in place.
- Ensure a positive safety attitude and environment exists within the warehouse
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. Course(s) of study: Logistics, Transportation, Business or related field of study
- 6-9 years’ experience; type of experience: requires 6 years experience in Warehouse or Transportation related field with at least 5 years supervisory experience.
- Must have had previous management responsibilities with proven ability in problem solving, team building and decision-making.
- Requires an understanding of the industry and proven ability to provide service and support.
- Must be willing to commit to teamwork and superior customer service.
- Must have good interpersonal and relationship management skills and demonstrate cooperation and teamwork in accomplishing goals and objectives.
- Needs demonstrated expertise in effectively supervising, leading and directing staff; ability to interact, communicate, and motivate with all levels of employees and management through excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have proven innovation and problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Needs ability to set priorities and accomplish tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to listen, understand, and respond to external and internal customers’ needs in a timely manner.
- Ability to work the time necessary to complete projects or meet deadlines.
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Requires strong analytical and computer skills.
- Must have good interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Needs ability to identify and implement continuous improvement processes.
This position offers a competitive base salary and standard benefits.