Our client is the trusted cold chain logistics provider for fast, safe, sustainable fulfillment and delivery of perishable goods and groceries. The company’s proprietary technology automates and manages the entire supply chain process to ensure that heat-sensitive items are delivered fresh, cost-effectively, and in an environmentally conscious manner.
Job Type: Full-time
This role will be responsible for managing and coordinating storage and distribution activities to ensure maximum utilization of facilities. This position will also be responsible for the overall management, administration and evaluation of warehouse operations. This position is ultimately responsible for business retention, revenue growth and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for all shipping, receiving, and picking operations and personnel.
- Hire, train, guide and develop staff within their direct supervision.
- Supervise warehouse employees and oversee daily operations.
- Create and hold staff accountable for performance objectives.
- Evaluate the performance of staff within direct supervision and recommend performance improvement procedures as necessary.
- Identify and improve processes to increase efficiency and minimize mistakes.
- Work closely with directors and upper management to roll out new initiatives and to ensure compliance requirements are met.
- Improve customer engagement by providing a positive customer pickup experience.
- Help with the startup of all eCommerce initiatives.
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure high levels of productivity and accuracy.
- Control and manage inventory.
- Maintain inventory integrity within our client’s system by making sure all inventory transactions are accounted for in the database.
- Assist with the rollout of our client’s new barcode tracking system for inventory and workflow management.
- Organize/maintain clean warehouse.
- Manage customer service requests promptly and resolve issues quickly.
- Ensure a high degree of detail and focus on every assignment.
- Develop and foster a culture of proactive communication.
- Minimum 3 + years’ experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to both verbal and written questions.
- Ability to drive a forklift and complete forklift certification course.
- Experience with shipping processes, forms and best practices.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, database management, and carrier portals.
- Experience with a pick/pack fulfillment operation.
- Strong attention to detail and work quickly while maintaining the high priority of safety in the workforce.
- Ecommerce background– highly preferred.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, SKU, EDI, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management, E-commerce, mobile shopping, applications, supply chain, affiliate marketing, A/B testing, average order value, bundling, cohort analysis, conversion, cross-selling, cookies, fulfillment, SEO, SKU, Web analytics