Warehouse Manager (2nd / 3rd Shift)
City & State:
Warehousing, Shipper (Manufacturer or Distributor)
Our client is proud to be a leading innovator for industry solutions and services. They boast the latest and greatest advancements in technology to make the buying process seamless, while not displacing their commitment to customer satisfaction. Their dedication to elevating their e-commerce platform, business process software and e-learning modules provides their employees with the tools needed to succeed and stay ahead of the competition. Privately held and American-owned, they’re committed to local decision-making and the entrepreneurial spirit. Their innovative, growing and changing the world. As the world evolves and moves toward cleaner, more efficient energy sources, so has our client. Be in residential, or commercial, industrial or utility, the world runs on products and services from their best-in-class electrical distribution businesses. With over 100+ years of experience, our client is the country’s largest independent electrical wholesale distributor. They are comprised of 10 regional businesses selling products from over 1,000 manufacturers out of 125 brick and mortar locations. At any point, they’re carrying over $100M of inventory across 300,000 unique products specializing in lighting, wire & wiring devices, tools, power distribution, control automation, datacom and solar.
Our client is searching for a Warehousing/Shipping Manager to oversee the 2nd shift department in their Distribution Center. This position will report to the Site Director.
- Manage the warehouse shipping operations and personnel to ensure optimal customer service.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees’ performance
- Ensure the accuracy of all outbound shipments and inventory transactions related to the department.
- Protect Company assets from theft and damage.
- Drive department success through effective team/individual metrics and staff meetings.
- Create, implement and enforce standard operating procedures and policies for the Central Distribution Center.
- Train and continuously develop new and existing supervisors and lead employees.
- Support Central Distribution Center's team to maximize customer service and accuracy while seeking improvements on operational efficiency.
- Report and document equipment failures or unsafe working conditions to management team.
- Other general shipping, wire room, and management duties to be assigned.
- 5-7+ years of prior Warehouse Operations experience
- 3+ years of Supervisory / Management experience
- Eclipse (WMS) experience is a PLUS
- Prior experience with RF Picking & Receiving
- Previous experience working with Warehouse Equipment, including wire cutting machinery, fork trucks and high reach trucks.
- Strong product knowledge and work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to solve problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer programs
- Must possess high-level leadership qualities and be able to manage and resolve conflict.
This position offers a competitive base salary.