Our client is the trusted cold chain logistics provider for fast, safe, sustainable fulfillment and delivery of perishable goods and groceries. The company’s proprietary technology automates and manages the entire supply chain process to ensure that heat-sensitive items are delivered fresh, cost-effectively, and in an environmentally conscious manner.
Job Type: Full-time
VP of Supply Chain Operations (E-commerce)
As a member of the organization’s executive team, this role will provide leadership, management, and vision to ensure the business’ growth, financial strength, and operating excellence. This position will lead people, process and systems that deliver products to our client’s customers as promised in the areas of labor planning, inbound operations, space management, stow, pick, pack, outbound operations, transportation and logistics, automation, customer service, safety, and quality.
- Plan, organize, direct, and control the course of operations and coordinates operations functions and processes with business goals.
- Maintain profitable operations by controlling labor, inventory, losses, and safety.
- Direct, optimize, and coordinate full order cycle.
- Seek synergy and best practices to develop and implement new methods to improve productivity and customer service.
- Set clear goals for productivity, customer experience, safety and successfully delivers on them.
- Lead continuous process improvement and optimization efforts across all areas of responsibility. Foster bottoms-up participation in process improvement from all levels of Operations.
- Engage all levels of the Operations organization to remove waste from operations processes employing Lean practices.
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems and metrics for tracking and improving quality, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with government and other regulatory agency laws and guidelines as well as company programs. Implement programs to ensure overall safety, security, maintenance, and ergonomics for the operations functions.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Hire, develop, and retain strong employees in support of continuous improvement, succession planning and future growth of the business.
- Work flexible hours as the business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays.
- At least 10 years of experience in eCommerce Distribution or logistics operations or other related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience leading multi-disciplinary teams at multiple sites.
- Experience scaling operations to meet company growth goals as well as seasonal production variability.
- Track record of successful financial management.
- Ability to balance strategic planning and tactical implementation.
- Results-driven with strong decision-making skills and the ability to delegate effectively.
- A commitment to innovation, continuous improvement, and excellence.
- Experience in managing and leading large-scale process improvements through Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
- Experience implementing Lean quality systems.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to resolve issues and build consensus among diverse stakeholders. Proven negotiating and conflict mediation skills.
- Working knowledge of warehouse technology integration points to customers, suppliers, enterprise resource planning systems (ERPs), transportation systems and material handling systems.
- General climate-controlled office environment with low noise level; exposure to noise and lift truck traffic in production and distribution work areas.
- Stress related to conflicting priorities and meeting schedule deadlines.
- Virtual communications and a willingness to travel as required.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Temperature-controlled, Refrigerated Production, Refrigerated Storage, Refrigerated Distribution, Temperature Range, Frozen, Shelf Life, Fresh, Cool Cargo, Cargo, Perishable, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader, VP, Vice President, Regional Vice President, President, Executive, Leadership, Leader