Our client brings exceptional brands and products to consumers that help them protect the health and wellness of their families, the cleanliness of their homes and pools, and the life of their automobiles. They are one of North America’s largest independent consumer product manufacturers with 20 North American manufacturing facilities. Globally they operate in Europe, UK, Asia, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
VP of Logistics
The VP of Logistics will lead strategy and execution for this high-impact global supply chain function to drive a leading logistics network. This role is responsible for providing vision and leadership for the development and implementation of the organization’s logistics operations in addition to leading logistics initiatives across all areas of our client’s organization including continuous cost and productivity improvements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Develop strategic operating plans, with an emphasis on customer experience and continuous improvement, through partnerships with Business Unit and functional leadership.
- Ensure the right balance of logistics solutions is utilized in all markets, creating a flexible network leveraging a multi-modal approach to raw material and finished goods delivery that delivers high service levels at competitive costs.
- Ensure operational excellence in functional areas through the establishment and utilization of robust processes, KPIs, and scorecards to drive accountability and results. Proactively identify areas of opportunity for cost management, efficiency, and customer service.
- Oversee all performance of domestic and international logistics vendors/service providers to ensure high quality of service to internal and external customers. Negotiate and implement strategic supplier agreements providing advantageous financial terms and the lowest total cost while also supporting quality operating performance. Establish vendor performance metrics and quarterly performance reviews to effectively evaluate and manage partnerships.
- Full responsibility for the development and management of logistics spending. Prepare and actively manage annual budgets, capital improvement plans, and operating goals/objectives.
- Monitor and manage the utilization of in-use logistics management programs and ensure a strong working partnership with Corporate IT to support maximum system performance.
- Ensure all logistics policies, procedures and operations are in compliance with all applicable laws and statutory regulations.
- Recruit, develop, and sustain a high-performance organization. Provide continued coaching, development, and growth of employees in support of current operational objectives and future succession requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Business Management, Operations Management, or related field, or a suitable combination of education and training.
- 10+ years experience in the logistics industry, including 5+ years in a senior management role.
- Proven ability to develop creative logistics strategies, models, and processes that reduce costs and optimize service to customers in the short, medium, and long term.
- Ability to balance customer requirements with the capabilities of the supply chain, pro-actively taking into account all supply & demand considerations to execute business plans through multi-modal channels at the lowest cost with minimal disruption. Ability to develop and implement logistics strategies aligned with sales forecast.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to demonstrate data-driven leadership.
- Knowledge of budgeting techniques and ability to monitor, manage and control all costs/cost trends and provide reliable forecasts.
- Excellent organization skills, including the ability to effectively plan and deploy resources to support business needs
- Ability to communicate effectively to engage and influence all stakeholders, with specific experience presenting to Executive leadership.
- Ability to develop high-performing people and teams by hiring strong talent and managing/ enhancing their performance, development, morale, and results. Ability to act as an active coach and positive role model, influencing and motivating others both within and outside the function and enhancing their ability to contribute to organizational goals.
- Self-motivated with a strong results orientation, driving accountability in self and others.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within and across functions to achieve ambitious goals.
- Thorough knowledge of all applicable laws and regulations impacting logistics.
- Proficiency with TMS software OTM and fluency in E1 and SAP are a plus.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Auto, Plant, Assembly, Manufacture, Build, Automation, Robotics, production, inventory, parts, supply chain, stamping, metals, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, high value, home delivery, consumer products, devices, fragile, variable inventory, sort and segregation, hand count, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, VP, Vice President, Regional Vice President, President, Executive, Leadership, Leader