Our client owns and operates more than 2,000 tractor trailers, employs over 6,200 individuals, operates over 23 million square feet of contract and public warehouse and distribution space and generates $1B+ in revenue annually. They are a fully-integrated Supply Chain solutions provider, offering Logistics, Distribution, Transportation, Intermodal, Global Shipping, Real Estate and Packaging services across the United States.
VP of Brokerage Operations:
The Vice President of Operations is responsible all of the business activity within a specific Brokerage Office. This includes, but is not limited to, the management of sales and operations employees as well as full P&L responsibility. This role reports to the RVP of Operations, Brokerage or President of Non-Asset.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manage all key metrics associated with the branch P&L. Some of these KPI’s are Gross Revenue, Gross Margin, Gross Margin %, Operating Income %, and Loads per head per day.
- Work with customer sales staff to sell into diverse portfolio of services, including LTL, Flatbed, and Intermodal as needed.
- Work with carrier sales staff to sell a diverse portfolio of services including vanload, reefer, flatbed, cross border, and consolidated freight.
- Work with the account management staff to foster the management and organic growth of key institutional clients for the brokerage office.
- Ongoing management of recruiting and hiring for this branch of the business including standardized process and training for others to hire similarly.
- Working with other key leadership in the broader brokerage division on development of sales and marketing initiative for all brokerage related sales – both customer and carrier.
- Ongoing development of “inside sales” program designed to capitalize on existing Company relationships and work with existing sales infrastructure for new business development.
- Ongoing development of education program designed to continually inform employees of new services and aspects of logistics networks.
- Proper positioning of brokerage services inside the Company suite of services including working with dedicated business to broaden scope of the Company brokerage internally.
- Recognize ideal footprint of other institutional Company business and drive leads, business, and growth to these business lines through clear communication and dedication to a true “network sell”
- Breaking through internal & external obstacles that limit growth/service as it applies to covering freight for the network.
- Effectively manage client relationships at a higher level by providing an executive level mindset to strategic customer and carrier partners
- Manage and train managers in modes of service as they come online in the business model and growth is achieved.
- Clear communication of service expectations to all employees and clients.
- Foster growth in brokerage business through collaboration with all Company Departments and willingness to do “Whatever it takes” to ensure our customers’ needs are met
- Complete any other tasks or duties as assigned
- BA or BS Degree preferred.
- 7-10 years minimum Brokerage experience preferred
- In depth knowledge of FTL, LTL, and IMDL modes
- Familiarity with RFQ/RFP processes
- Familiarity with TMS systems, EDI process, and web based tendering.
- Proficient in using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Ability to work in fast paced environment that involves learning and using multiple applications and handling a high volume of phone calls
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Market knowledge of truckload lanes and rates
- Individual commitment towards sharpening existing or acquiring new skills as required by demands of the business or customers.
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and potentially holidays as required by the customer needs.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus bonus potential.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, P&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations, branch management, customer development, negotiate, business development, carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management, strategic growth, business strategy