Transportation Management Account Manager
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Non-Asset (Complex Supply Chain Solutions), Managed Transportation
Our client owns and operates more than 2,000 tractor trailers, employs over 6,200 individuals, operates over 23 million square feet of contract and public warehouse and distribution space and generates $1B+ in revenue annually. They are a fully-integrated Supply Chain solutions provider, offering Logistics, Distribution, Transportation, Intermodal, Global Shipping, Real Estate and Packaging services across the United States.
Transportation Management Account Manager:
The Transportation Management Account Manager is responsible for the operational execution for one or many pieces of business. This position includes the management of people, process, organic growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Daily operational point-of-contact for internal divisions and clients.
- Provides guidance and training to TM Coordinators & Sr. Coordinators.
- Initiate continuous improvement strategies that improve internal and external operations.
- Manage a team of TM coordinators and facilitate daily operational activities to service the customer.
- Create & implement custom operational procedures for individual customers that include the management of daily shipment activity, route guides, exception management and resolution processes, appointment scheduling, tracking initiatives, carrier procurement, spot market management, and shipment optimization.
- Manage carrier compliance and create accountability for service expectations.
- Consult and offer best practices through extensive knowledge of the supply chain market and your customers network.
- Identify opportunities to connect customers to other company divisions to improve their network and drive revenue to the broader organization.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews (QBR) with your customer through several presentation methodologies.
- Collaborates with TM director of operations to create and manage internal/external standard operating procedure (SOP) documentation.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous process improvement that provides additional value to internal/external clients.
- Recognize opportunities and work to organically grow existing business.
- Must gain familiarity with company departments such as Carrier Relations, Freight Audit/Payment, and Invoicing.
- BA or BS degree required.
- Ability to facilitate responsibility and manage expectations.
- 4-5 years transportation-related industry experience with demonstrated acumen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-up skills.
- High level of business acumen and leadership qualities.
- Professional aptitude, presentation and demeanor.
- Ability to meet/exceed time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of internal/external management.
- Availability to work flexible hours and travel based upon the company and external client needs.
- Proficient with MS Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Individual commitment to strengthen existing skill set and also acquiring new skills as required by client or department demands.
- In-depth knowledge of TMS programs used for brokerage services.
- Individual commitment towards sharpening existing or acquiring new skills as required by demands of the business or customers.
This position offers a competitive base salary and standard benefits.