City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Carrier Sales (Brokering/Capacity Management)
Shipper (Manufacturer or Distributor), Production/Manufacturing
Our client is an aluminum mill and provides mill finish and painted coils. The company was founded in 1992 and is privately owned. The company serves mainly the Building and Construction markets, but also supplies Service Centers and Federal and State Governmental agencies.
This position is responsible for the advance load planning/forecasting across three production facilities within the company. This role is responsible for converting sales orders into a load delivery that efficiently and effectively ensures both cost effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Possess general knowledge of trucking and intermodal industry and overall regulations,
- Conduct transportation network analysis and make recommendations to determine carrier issues in regards to price and service.
- Ensure internal and external stakeholders are provided excellent service during the shipment process, including quick response to inquiries and problem resolution.
- Source carriers for new and existing business to ensure that costs are competitive and service requirements are being met.
- Convey market trends and seasonality impacts in financial terms when providing long-term pricing.
- Create and issue shipping forecasts to carriers based on internal customer demand.
- Participate in core carrier reviews to assess performance and discuss corrective actions.
- Generate reports from internal ERP system to facilitate continuous improvement efforts.
- Create and implement carrier scorecards on a monthly basis.
- Perform other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Ability to promote and drive continuous improvement.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Analytical skills and good judgement.
- Solid understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of failure/cost of poor quality.
- Advanced Microsoft user to include Excel software.
- Working knowledge of TMS Systems.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development