Our client is a full-service cooperative operating for the benefit of its members. 147 members are now in six states, with 35 of its members producing Organic Milk. They Raw Milk Marketing services, a seasonal ultra-filtration plant, Producer Payroll Services, Laboratory Services, and dairy supplies and feed mill services to its members. They currently handle most of the milk marketed in the state of Florida. It is their job to balance the needs of the two primary stakeholders – member farmers and customer processors.
Job Type: Full-time
The terminal lead role will be responsible to manage personnel and product in a manner that maximizes efficiency and utilizes equipment in the most economical way possible to ensure premium levels of service to members and customers.
- Ensure the operation provides premium levels of services to both customers and members
- Manage and ensure employee terminal Payroll is completed accurately and submitted on time
- Manage employee benefit time scheduling
- Perform and manage applicant interviews, employee evaluations, and employee corrective action process
- Ensure all operational, safety, and personnel reports are both accurate and completed on time
- Responsible in managing and making recommendations to Regional Management regarding terminal level expenses, financials, and vendor control.
- Manage and monitor dispatch routes to ensure effective planning and efficient resource utilization
- Ensure all drivers conduct and adhere to both DOT, and DOA standards
- Responsible for recording all employee assigned equipment
- Communicate and coordinate SMI equipment needs with Maintenance
- Ensure all tractor and trailer equipment meet both SMI, DOT, and DOA standards
- Ensure all equipment and facilities are properly maintained
- Ensure all equipment is properly utilized, tracked, and accounted for and used in a manner that is both efficient and cost effective for its members
- General Facilities Housekeeping / Maintenance
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment
- Obtain estimates as instructed and ensure the terminal uses qualified vendors
- Assist in Dispatch as needed
- Ensure all terminal personnel have necessary equipment and are properly trained on all appropriate hardware and or software
- Ensure all employees are properly trained and understand the job assignments
- Ensure all employees adhere and are held accountable in accordance to polices
- Facilitate a healthy, professional, and positive atmosphere for all employees
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree (B.A) and 5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license; travel is primarily local during the business day, although out-of-area and overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to apply knowledge of computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational/time management skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a diverse and fast-paced atmosphere both independently and as a team
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to communicate with both internal/external customers
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload