Our client is a national leader in manufacturing and distribution of building supplies. This role will work within their child company's organization.
Supply Chain Manager
This role is directly responsible for the management and control of inventory purchases as well as scheduling activity within the company. This includes the responsibility of managing inventory levels and scheduling production to ensure we are positioned well to meet customer demands. It is the primary goal to have product available to satisfy delivery and production standards but ultimately the concern should be the protection and advancement of the company's interests in the short term but more importantly in the long term. Our client is open to relocation candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
- Support the creation and compliance of department policies and procedures.
- Support the creation and management of department metrics with a goal of continuous improvement.
- Utilize supplier scorecard data to assist in collaborative partnership discussions.
- Assist in resolving day to day departmental tasks such as staffing and vacation approvals.
- Monitor department reports to assist in guiding buying team and provide visibility to situational issues or challenges in an escalation situation to upper management.
- Manage select strategic/critical supplier relationships to foster partnerships as risk mitigation and situational department bandwidth constraints.
- Own cross training and on boarding processes for your team.
- Maintain a subject matter expect knowledge base within ERP systems.
- Participate as a member of a Project Team and/or Cross Functional Team as required and other related duties as assigned.
- Plan and manage the purchasing activities so that the supplier base consists of the fewest suppliers necessary to get the job done efficiently and at the least cost.
- Conduct research and analyze to make forecasts to anticipate supply problems and take preventive actions.
- Communicate with Management to keep them informed about any business development that might affect the company and makes recommendations regarding those developments.
- Meet with vendor as needed to see that they are fulfilling their contractual obligations to the company and that they are serving the company's best interest.
- Mentor and develop your team to meet the needs of operations.
- Secondary education a plus preferably in Business or Supply Chain or equivalent field.
- 15+ years of procurement, sourcing or supply chain experience is required with minimum 3 years in supervisory position.
- APICS Certified (CPIM or CSCP) is a plus.
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills focusing on teamwork and servicing internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude with attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of all purchasing functions within ERP system.
- Leader that is organized and self-motivated.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis in Excel for data mining and management.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, high value, home delivery, consumer products, devices, fragile, variable inventory, sort and segregation, hand count, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, SKU, EDI, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, Demand, Analytics, buyer, buying, purchasing, inventory, SKU, stock levels, forecasting, brands, products, supply chain, vendors, suppliers, product variability, procure, procurement, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management