Our client is a firm that enhances performance of complex supply chains. They have designed their company to serve the success of key executives who are tasked with reforming and growing companies. These companies typically have supply chain vulnerabilities around service and cost that require a consultative approach and tailor-designed solutions. They have a long heritage of providing value-creation for the top management of manufacturers and distributors as well as private equity firms that have portfolio companies in the midmarket range.
Supply Chain Consultation Manager (Remote)
Our client is looking to hire a remote Consultation Manager. This role will be expected to travel about 75%.
Job Type: Full-time/ Work from home
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge in your functional area of supply chain.
- Demonstrate a high degree of cross functional capabilities and knowledge in other functional areas within supply chain.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly learn new processes and uncover new offering that may assist current customer base.
- Provide mentoring and motivate diverse client engagement teams by delivering constructive on-the-job coaching to team members, while fostering an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment.
- Demonstrate leadership by providing vision, direction, and guidance to Client teams, and by overseeing and delegating responsibilities to Senior Consultants, Consultants, Associate Consultants, Senior Engineers, Engineers, and Analysts.
- Coach and mentor Senior Consultants, Consultants, Associate Consultants, Senior Engineers, Engineers, and Analysts to increase technical understanding and effective communication of technical accomplishments.
- Serve as a professional development resource manager and conducting project performance reviews.
- Train others on problem solving approaches.
- Serve as a strong Talent Developer by hiring, developing, retaining, and promoting direct team, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and raising the performance bar for a geographically dispersed organization.
- Drive high-quality work within expected timeframes and on budget and monitor progress, manage risk, and ensure clients are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Build relationships with client personnel and deliver quality client services. Strive to assist our clients’ customers uncover additional areas of opportunity and manage the business development process.
- Understand our client’s company and its service lines and actively assess what the firm can deliver to serve clients.
- Project management by means of creating and overseeing the planning, organization, and execution of client projects.
- Manage the development of client deliverables and presentations utilizing MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Manage project financials by means of creating/managing budgets and timelines, and overseeing expenses, and staffing.
- Ensure attainment of project goals, objectives, and schedules.
- Store, gather, and analyze data by means of Microsoft Tools and various Business Intelligence tools including Power BI, Tableau, and SQL.
- Data model, using our client’s proprietary tools and package tools, for financial and operational modeling.
- Leverage specific technical network modeling expertise, e.g., Llamasoft’s Supply Chain Guru.
- Review and deliver high quality documentation and analysis.
- Develop and support internal business systems and processes.
- Write and contribute to white papers.
- Design and lead focus groups.
- Travel approximately 75%.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree with evidence of strong performance in supply chain management, logistics, and technology.
- Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering or related is preferred.
- 6+ years of external supply chain/logistics experience.
- Big firm consulting experience + supply chain experience is highly preferred .
- 6+ years management experience – providing direction to others and developing talent.
- 6+ years proven business development experience – selling strategic and functional solutions to C-suite and senior leadership.
- CPIM / CSCP Certification from Association for Operations Management (APICS) is preferred.
- PgMP / PiMP / PMI-RMP Certification from Project Management Institute (PMI) is preferred.
- Supply Chain certification training, e.g., The Logistics Institute at Georgia Tech, IIE is preferred. • Experience utilizing Strategy and Optimization Supply Chain Software (e.g. Llamasoft, Logicnet, Insight SAILS, Caps / Infor Supply Chain Designer, i2 / JDA Supply Chain Strategist, CAST DPM, etc.) is preferred.
- Technical expertise (e.g., Network Modeling - where should DC’s be to support stores & online activity) is preferred.
- Previous experience working within a matrix organization is preferred.
- Project management experience with medium to large projects.
- PMP certification.
- Proven involvement with business case development.
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong change management and facilitation experience.
- Ability to manage overall project efforts and Client relationships at all levels including C-level; persuasive with discretion & consideration.
- Ability to coach, lead, and manage others; team player.
- High level comprehension of financial analysis.
- Excellent research, analytical and knowledge management skills.
- Advanced collaboration and communication skills, both written and verbal.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Project Planning, Project Deadlines, Budget Management, Vendor Management, PMP, Risk Management, Forecasting, Process Improvement, Analytical, Agile, Executing Plans, Execution Metrics, MS Project, PMP, Consulting, Consultation, Consult, Contract, Contracting, Agency, Improvement, Outsource, Outsourcing, Best Practices, KPI, SOP, Change Management, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC