Our client offers demand planning, manufacturing, distribution, ecommerce fulfillment as well as reverse logistics. They also manage transportation relationships and help reduce costs while improving supply chain visibility and on-time delivery performance. They leverage their global freight spend to get you the best service at the best price. Freight services include international and domestic inbound and outbound Ocean, Air, TL, LTL and Parcel.
Supply Chain Business Development Representative (Remote)
This role will manage, aggressively develop, and grow prospective business in their territory targeted at 3PL sales. Responsibilities include the development of new business, management of the complete sales cycle process including: prospect identification, lead generation, qualification, pricing development, proposal preparation and presentation, and contract signing and renewal. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated success in achieving multi-million dollar sales and willingness to build territory and qualify opportunities. This position also requires the ability to develop customized solutions to meet customer logistical needs is vital. As a Business Development Representative, you will be the tip of the spear for growth at our client’s company. As the first line of contact, you are able to quickly understand the complex business needs of customers. You are quick on your feet and possess grit to overcome objections. You will become an expert in the company and their customers’ solution needs to be more productive and collaborative.
Job Type: Full-time/ Work from home
- Identify prospective leads through creative research methods.
- Prospect large value clients that are a good fit for our client’s company.
- Utilize cold calling and email to qualify leads, new prospects, and set up meetings - document lead generation activities to meet required weekly goals.
- Create a great first impression to prospects by inspiring them to learn how our client’s company can benefit their business.
- Learn and maintain a firm understanding of our client’s sales process.
- Develop and implement target named account strategies and tactical penetration plans.
- Develop and implement a strategic forecast to acquire new customers and increase their use of our client’s services to achieve and exceed budgeted revenue goals.
- Establish, maintain, and foster long-lasting trusted relationships at the executive level of prospective accounts.
- Develop compelling value propositions based on ROI cost/benefit analysis.
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts.
- Meet or exceed new revenue, revenue retention, and sales performance targets.
- Track and analyze sales on a monthly basis, adjusting the plan accordingly to ensure maximum performance.
- Report results to senior leadership on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis, in close collaboration with sales analyst.
- Ensure smooth operations, working in close cooperation with internal teams.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to anticipate and solve development and integration challenges related to 3PL, freight brokerage selling.
- Excel in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Keep meticulous records of interactions with leads in our client’s CRM.
- Contribute innovative ideas and participate in marketing events.
- Typical travel for this position is 30% - 50% (once safe and travel restrictions are lifted).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, supply chain or related field strongly preferred or commensurate education, training, and experience required.
- Minimum 4 years sales/business development experience in logistics, 3PL, freight management, freight carriers or related field.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Project, and PowerPoint), web-based, and Windows based software.
- Ability to design and execute 3PL strategies independently is a must.
- Strong project management skills, ideally based on the launch of new business platforms.
- Demonstrated track record of qualifying and closing significant new business opportunities in the 3PL and/or freight management space.
- Knowledge of CRM and social selling tools.
- 3PL sales and consultative experience.
- Experience in supply chain Services.
- Strong entrepreneurial and strategic thinker with consistent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Exceptional relationship building skills with the ability to earn the trust and confidence of customers (internal/external).
- Excellent professional level written and verbal communication skills - ability to interface and communicate effectively with multiple functional groups, geographic regions/cultures, different levels of internal and external organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, other departments, and interact with various work behavior styles.
- Highly self-motivated with ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines within an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
- Solid negotiation and collaboration skills - able to influence outcomes and bring initiatives to successful completion.
- Results focused and action oriented.
- Innovative outlook; ability to identify and promote new opportunities.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC