Since 1945, our client’s family-owned band of sausage-makers has invented better ways to make, eat and prepare crave-able sausage. Today, they are 2,000 members strong. They sell their famous sausage in all 50 United States and more than 40 countries. They have a culture built on the idea that if they make developing your talents our top priority, great business results will follow naturally. It has been their secret sauce for decades, and they hope you get to experience it for yourself!
Strategic Logistics Sales Manager (Remote)
This role is responsible for growing a successful logistics business. This role combines operations management, sales and account management to meet the transportation needs of the company and their customers. This role will develop both operational and sales policies, procedures and processes that support the company’s transport and logistics goals for safe operations, servicing their customers (deliver HICS- Highest Impact on Customer Success) and profitable growth.
Job Type: Full-time/ Work from home
- Build external carrier base to strengthen the company’s transportation network and build capacity.
- Develop a book of long-term customer business to drive sustained and profitable growth.
- Procure new carriers based on compliance, service, volume and lane density.
- Ensure that all customer/resupply shipments are delivered on time and at competitive cost.
- Negotiate contract rates with carriers to provide predictable cost, service and capacity for customers, and transportation contracts with customers.
- Execute RFP’s with carriers and participate in customer RFP’s.
- Own achieving volume, revenue and profit goals to build a long term sustainable and successful business.
- Grow the logistics business comprised of an operations arm (carrier relationship management) and sales (customer relationship management) arm to achieve the company’s transport and logistics goals.
- Keep a pulse on the overall transportation market conditions, identify opportunities and challenges that may affect customers and our client’s company and provide solutions to mitigate adverse cost and service impacts.
- Travel less than 20%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain Degree or related field required.
- 3-5 years of brokerage business or transportation operations experience required.
- 7 years of management, leadership, or supervisory experience required.
- 3-5 years of customer facing/business development experience required.
- Transportation, Logistics and/or Supply chain experience within a food manufacturing organization preferred.
- Common carrier experience preferred.
- Experience developing relationships with carriers (temperature controlled) and customers.
- Strategic negotiation and contract management skills.
- Systems knowledge and experience; TMS, SAP and Dispatch technology preferred.
- Willingness to be available after hours and weekends if needed.
- Financial acumen and P&L experience.
- Entrepreneurial mind set with a desire to maximize revenue and profit.
- Strong communication skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Food Stuffs, Grocery, FDA, Inspection, Food Grade, Consumables, Perishables, Edibles, Safety, Inspection, OSHA, Certified, Certification, Quality, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management