Our client owns and operates more than 2,000 tractor trailers, employs over 6,200 individuals, operates over 23 million square feet of contract and public warehouse and distribution space and generates $1B+ in revenue annually. They are a fully-integrated Supply Chain solutions provider, offering Logistics, Distribution, Transportation, Intermodal, Global Shipping, Real Estate and Packaging services across the United States.
Strategic Customer Account Manager
The Strategic Customer Account Manager is responsible for managing the account management staff and key customers at a specific Company location. This position reports to the Branch Manager of the Company’s Brokerage location.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manage existing operations managers, account managers, and account coordinators in the branch with a mindset towards customer service, execution, and continuous improvement.
- Participate in the hiring, training, and ongoing development of new operations staff for the account management group.
- Work with the Branch Manager to manage and design the operation form and function of the account management group.
- Work directly with capacity group to ensure proper coverage of committed freight by the capacity group.
- Working with the customer sales leaders, supporting dedicated sales resources that are pushing business to the account management team.
- Develop, Implement, and manage an SOP for each account managed by operations group and maintain customer service concepts and rates implemented by the overriding salesperson.
- Clear communication of service expectations to the operations staff supporting the client base.
- Work with other key operations leaders to manage and craft the customer operations strategy and execution on and ongoing basis.
- Effectively Manage Existing client relationships as sold by Company Brokerage salespersons.
- Training and education around the skilled Negotiation of Rates & Services with clients for the company. non-asset services, this includes the use of market-based indices for pricing short-term spot market, and long-term contractual rates for existing and future clients.
- Response to sales inquiries and providing pricing on transactional based business as well as pricing proposals where applicable.
- Ensuring proper follow up and management of all loads by operational staff.
- Breaking through internal obstacles that limit growth/service consistent with Company deliverables.
- A sales/growth orientated mindset associated with organic growth from client base that will be managed in the operations group.
- Using available industry tools and relationships to identify potential clients for sales staff.
- Proper positioning of brokerage services within Company network.
- Foster growth in brokerage business through collaboration with all Company Departments and willingness to do “Whatever it takes” to ensure client’s needs are met.
- BA or BS Degree preferred.
- 5-7 years Brokerage experience preferred working with domestic truckload, LTL, and intermodal shipments.
- Familiarity with DOT trucking regulations (Hours of Service, Claims etc).
- Proficient in using MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in fast paced environment that involves learning and using multiple applications and handling a high volume of phone calls.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of TMS programs used for brokerage services.
- Market knowledge of truckload lanes and rates.
- Individual commitment towards sharpening existing or acquiring new skills as required by demands of the business or customers.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, DomesticLTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, Customer service, client relationships, customer relationships, client growth, maintain clients, account maintenance, build relationships, grow clientele, grow business, RFP, RFQ, generate sales, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management