Strategic Account Manager - Parcel
City & State:
Los Angeles, CA
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Non-Asset (Complex Supply Chain Solutions), Claims/Insurance
Our client is an insurance technology firm offering third-party insurance solutions for parcel shippers at a fraction of the rate. Compared to coverage offered by carriers, our client is superior in price, coverage, and scope – with fewer limitations and a faster and easier claims process. They provide risk assessment and design custom solutions to complement the logistics profile of their clients while helping them save money. They offer insurance on commodities that are not covered under other policies, higher limits for a variety of carriers and services, and fewer international country restrictions. All of this allows businesses to adjust existing logistical structures to facilitate growth and maximize profit potential. The services are backed by proprietary web software providing insurance options, shipping options, seamless integration to shipping systems, advanced loss statistics, risk management reporting and more. Transit carriers ship a package from (a) to (b) and our client manages risk for everything in between.
Strategic Account Manager - Parcel:
This individual will be responsible for conducting freight analyses with a focus on small parcel shipments. This position will serve as an in-house Subject Matter Expert to support clients, prospective clients, internal and external sales, as well as, strategic alliances. The ideal candidate will bring parcel freight expertise and relationships and must have a comprehensive understanding of the ins and outs of parcel carriers, the various services provided, the risks and dependability of each as well as information and understanding of shipper behavior, warehouse management and order fulfillment. The individual should have strong computer skills as this is a software company.
- Conduct delivery postage and freight analyses on behalf of prospective and current clients.
- Maintain a complete understanding of markets and parcel delivery alternatives.
- Analyze low and negative margin lanes to determine how costs can be reduced.
- Work with clients to document their needs and special requirements.
- Research and prioritize customer needs and help to expand parcel product offerings.
- Maintain RFP templates and customize to each client.
- Prepare parcel reports to review and compare pricing/rates and service value.
- Establish negotiation strategies and tactical pricing options.
- Identify weak to strong components of carrier pricing for prospects and clients.
- Interact directly with clients to grow business and identify additional opportunities.
- Develop and grow existing relationships with parcel providers.
- Work within a team environment both operationally and in support of sales.
- Generate leads through cold calling, networking and referrals. • Identify and execute revenue enhancing strategic partnerships.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working with parcel carriers and an understanding of parcel rates and contracts.
- Advanced Computer Skills using Microsoft Excel, Word, & Power Point.
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.