Our client is one of the leading suppliers of construction chemicals worldwide. They are one of the leading suppliers of construction chemicals and solutions worldwide. They offer innovative and sustainable products and solutions for the construction industry across different sectors, such as buildings, structures, underground construction, new construction, as well as for renovation.
Sr. Transportation Manager
Our client is looking to hire a Sr. Transportation Manager to add to their expanding team. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to Transportation, Distribution and Foreign Trade activities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Responsible for meeting business targets as set forth by the business.
- Responsible for large freight and warehousing spending and analysis.
- Provide functional guidance to teams responsible for Transportation, Distribution & Foreign Trade.
- Support business international activities as it relates to operations.
- Responsible for the design, development, and enforcement of transportation/distribution policies, processes, and strategies as well as analytics to drive decisions across the business.
- Responsible for creating and implementing cost reduction strategies and programs for all facets of transportation, distribution & foreign trade.
- Responsible for the business freight payables function.
- Responsible for the setting, monitoring, and adhering to key transportation & distribution performance indicators (KPIs) and ensuring improvement measures are taken where needed with key stakeholders
- Involved with strategic planning groups to support business objectives as it relates to product launches, customer segmentation and more.
- At least 10 years of transportation operations and warehouse distribution experience required.
- Must have previous leadership experience.
- Being team-oriented and capable of working in a multi-task environment will be a valued asset.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Tanker, Bulk, Heavy Haul, hopper, specialized, over weight, special permit, liquid bulk, dry bulk, Hazmat, hazardous materials, placards, explosive materials, flammable, gasses, oils, combustible, corrosive, endorsements, oxidizer, radioactive, chemical, freight, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management