Our client was founded in 2007 and has since evolved into a Top 100 3PL (third-party logistics) transportation provider servicing middle-market, as well as Fortune 500 companies. With a total customer focus and team-driven processes, our client is built to provide their customers with turnkey solutions specifically designed to cater to their transportation needs. It is the vibrant atmosphere and the people that really make the difference. Hiring energetic, driven, and talented team players have such a positive impact on the evolving culture. In the spirit of growth and development, employees are encouraged to provide opinions, collaborate with their peers and constantly share ideas on how to improve.
Specialized Air & Ocean Account Representative
The Air and Ocean Account Representative role is a hybrid position which requires the individual to support both of our client’s customer and carrier clients working quickly and efficiently. In this position it is necessary to be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while providing quotes to customers, in-transit updates and communication as required, based on customer needs, and is also responsible for developing new and existing carriers in our client’s network.
Job Type: Full-time
- Operates as a primary contact for customers and carriers regarding all matters specific to assigned accounts.
- Builds and maintains relationships with existing/assigned customer accounts.
- Grows current carrier relationships and develops new relationships to support customers.
- Negotiates pricing with customers and carriers and makes financial decisions using assigned financial parameter guide with regard to customer and company freight spend.
- Proactively provide updates and communication to customers on all shipments.
- Responds to customer and carrier communications with speed and accuracy.
- Accountable to achieve monthly GP$ targets and grow assigned accounts.
- Collects hard copy Proof of Deliveries from carriers immediately upon load completion.
- Builds shipments in TMS in accordance with customer specifications.
- Covers shipments with carriers in TMS, with accuracy, and provide rate confirmations.
- Analyzes and solves issues to arrive at solutions with little oversight from supervisors.
- Responsible for accurate and timely billing for all assigned accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- 1-year minimum experience of the following is preferred:
- Working knowledge and practical experience of the transportation and logistics industry
- Participating in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Building and developing strong relationships
- Persuading, motivating, negotiating and influencing skills
- Understanding urgency and time critical operations to support the needs of customers and carriers
- Phone skill rapport
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and self-driven
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, Expedite, Just in time, just-in-time, last minute, package delivery, last-mile, team drivers, sprinter van, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, Customer service, client relationships, customer relationships, client growth, maintain clients, account maintenance, build relationships, grow clientele, grow business, RFP, RFQ, generate sales, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC