Our client is a leading transporter of industrial, commercial and retail goods, specializes in less-than-truckload (LTL) shipping solutions for businesses. They provide comprehensive North American coverage and offers a broad portfolio of LTL services to bring flexibility and reliability to customers' supply chains.
Service Center Manager
The Service Center Manager is responsible for leading and managing all activities related to the functioning of the medium size distribution center to meet or exceed customer expectations and to achieve facility and company goals for operating ratio, growth and services for the assigned geographic area.
Job Type: Full-time
- Develop customer strategy for the distribution center that promotes strategic business growth, customer retention, customer satisfaction, and improve customer relations.
- Support facility sales efforts by reviewing customer accounts to identify problems. Investigate customer complaints and make necessary adjustments. Work with customer care team to discuss and resolve problems.
- Plan and lead daily operations to attain facility and company goals.
- Manage staffing for the distribution center and ensure the staff is positioned properly. Oversee the facility hiring process to ensure the best qualified applicants are hired.
- Develop management personnel for promotion and manages turnover at acceptable levels.
- Provide a safe and efficient working environment for employees and the public by ensuring compliance with company and government safety regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with local union.
- Review and analyze expenditure, financial, and operations reports to determine requirements for increasing profits and improving processes. Provide recommendations on findings.
- Extensive knowledge and effective use of the local union contract.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Three (3) years previous management and/or supervisory experience.
- Three (3) years successful operations leadership experience.
- Knowledge of company policy, procedures, and applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Strong decision-making ability with excellent customer focus and demonstrated attention to detail with proven track record for delivering results.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced/high volume environment.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, SKU, EDI, Dispatch, dispatching, dispatcher, terminal, check-ins, track and trace, load times, wait times, scheduling, pricing, rate negotiation, driver management, maintenance scheduling, fleet, fleet management, fleet coordination, driver checks, MC numbers, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management