Senior Logistics Sales Representative
City & State:
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client owns and operates more than 2,000 tractor trailers, employs over 6,200 individuals, operates over 23 million square feet of contract and public warehouse and distribution space and generates $1B+ in revenue annually. They are a fully-integrated Supply Chain solutions provider, offering Logistics, Distribution, Transportation, Intermodal, Global Shipping, Real Estate and Packaging services across the United States.
Senior Logistics Sales Representative:
The Senior Logistics Sales Representative is responsible for driving business growth of the brokerage by effectively responding to the needs of existing and potential Customers in conjunction with the effective sourcing and management of the Companys personnel sourcing carriers. This position typically reports to a Branch Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
- Position business with executive level leadership at potential and existing clients.
- Utilize consultative sales approach with potential and existing clients.
- Negotiate Rates & Services with Clients for FTL, LTL and Intermodal services.
- Proper positioning of Brokerage Services within the Companys network.
- Respond to sales inquiries and provide pricing on transactional based business, as well as, corporate pricing proposals where brokerage is a facet of that response.
- Ensure proper follow up and management of all loads by operations staff.
- Break through internal obstacles that limit growth/service consistent with Company deliverables.
- Exhibit a sales/growth orientated mindset associated with organic growth, as wellas, new client solicitation.
- Generate business leads internally and externally.
- Manage client relationships including sales meetings, quarterly business reviews, and entertainment, such as lunch / dinner / events.
- Use available industry tools and relationship to identify potential customers.
- Immediate follow up and management of any exception as escalated by the support staff.
- Foster growth in brokerage business through collaboration with all departments and willingness to do Whatever it takes to ensure customers needs are met.
- BA or BS Degree preferred.
- 2-4+ years of applicable Transportation & Logistics experience.
- Self-motivated, sales and customer service orientation.
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills and the ability to work in a fast- paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Well organized with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Familiarity with DOT regulations (Hours of Service, cargo claims, etc.) is a PLUS.
- Time management skills.
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic.
- Customer-focused team player.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on shipment volume.
- Ability and availability to work extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as required by the needs of the external clients.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission and standard benefits.