Senior Logistics Business Development Representative
City & State:
Customer Sales/Business Development- Outside
Warehousing, Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Asset
Our client is a distribution-systems provider designed to meet warehousing, transportation and brokerage needs. The company specializes in creating customized plans that deliver integrated, efficient and cost-effective solutions for every client.
Senior Logistics Business Development Representative:
This role is responsible for being a strategic seller. This position will focus on multi-level relationships with customers including: networking with customers, building strong relationships and obtaining information from various parties to understand internal activities and find selling opportunities.
Full-time/Work from home
- Generate business leads internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective clients nationwide.
- Cultivate new sales leads to establish business and market/negotiate offered services.
- Maintain ongoing and open daily phone communication with customers.
- Provide follow-up customer satisfaction with clients as needed.
- Manage client relationships including sales meetings, quarterly business reviews and entertainment such as lunch and dinner events.
- Create and deliver high-quality presentations to customers.
- Provide quotes for current and prospective clients.
- Work with team members to effectively transition opportunities and relationships to the operations team.
- Overcome internal obstacles that limit growth/service consistent with company deliverables.
- Maintain sales and growth-oriented mindset associated with organic growth.
- Use available industry tools and relationships to identify potential customers.
- Perform analytical and logistics planning to proactively identify problems and implement effective solutions.
- Foster growth in brokerage business through collaboration with all company departments and willingness to do “whatever it takes” to ensure customers’ needs are met.
- Strive to achieve goals on the individual, team and company level.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Logistics or Operations Management.
- Minimum 5-7+ years of sales experience within the logistics industry.
- Business to business outside sales experience.
- Proven sales success required.
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer service skills.
- Proficient in using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment that involves learning and using multiple applications and handling a high volume of phone calls.
- Knowledge of TMS programs used for brokerage services.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related To: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Expedite, Just in time, just-in-time, last minute, package delivery, last-mile, team drivers, sprinter van, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads, Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC