Our client provides ocean transportation, air transportation, inland transportation, logistics consulting, storage, packaging services as well as supply chain management services.
Senior HR Project Manager
The Senior HR Project Manager position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. This position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization by overseeing the completion of HR Projects, supporting international governance, and conducting audits for all subsidiaries in the Americas region.
- Establish and manage the project deadlines and timelines, coordinating the schedule of staff and vendors involved, and monitoring the project’s progress from start to finish, and control project budget
- Plan, organize, direct, control, or coordinate the major personnel, training, or labor relations projects for each organization within the Americas region
- Communicate with key stakeholders to determine project requirements and objectives
- Negotiate with project stakeholders or suppliers to effectively obtain resources and produce results
- Lead interdepartmental teams to completion of assigned projects on time, to specification, and with accuracy and efficiency.
- Addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project
- Acts as a liaison between company, customers, and vendors
- Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems
- Identify project needs such as resources, staff, or finances by reviewing project objectives and schedules
- Propose, review, or approve modifications to project plans
- Conducts recurring weekly/bi-weekly meetings with respective business units
- Develop and implement HR strategies, including bargaining, terminations, policy violations, hiring and others
- Lead change management strategies and facilitate effective multi-subsidiary collaboration
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Works closely with Executive Leadership and local HR teams to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Advise managers on organizational policy issues and recommend needed changes
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective audits and/or investigations into HR matters
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Oversee the timely completion of deliverables resulting from the HR Audits
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- 8-12+ years of Human Resources experience in a similar position.
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification required.
- Excellent written and oral communications in English
- Must be able to direct work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to adapt to change and manage multiple requests at once
- Must possess strong critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Advance Power BI proficiency
- HRIS / HRMS system skills
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, HR, human resources, talent acquisition, recruiter, administration, onboarding, training, coaching, development, job descriptions, recruiting, payroll, policies, procedures, personnel-related, disciplinary, termination, employment, employee review, reference, background check, offer letters, employee relations, performance review, compensation, public inquiries, goal attainment, staffing, grievances, Project Planning, Project Deadlines, Budget Management, Vendor Management, PMP, Risk Management, Forecasting, Process Improvement, Analytical, Agile, Executing Plans, Execution Metrics, MS Project, PMP, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management