Our client is reinventing warehousing and fulfillment to optimize the global delivery of goods. As the leader in on-demand warehousing, our client helps forward-looking brands create dynamic eCommerce fulfillment networks and resolve warehouse capacity constraints. Based in Seattle, our client's team is dedicated to transforming the logistics industry and helping clients create structural flexibility in their businesses.
Senior Director of Business Development
Our client is looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial leader for their business development team, leading an effort from the front lines as they transform the logistics industry by bringing dynamic warehousing and fulfillment to market. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success in complex enterprise solutions sales, with a focus on contract logistics and end-to-end supply chain solutions, both as an individual contributor, and as a manager of independent and experienced sales people. This position reports to the Vice President of Business Development, and will work closely with many other cross functional teams across their organization. Note - this role can be 100% remote.
Job Type: Full Time/Work from Home
- Leadership and management of a team of experienced enterprise solutions sellers.
- Working closely with our Network Development, Operations, Solutions Engineering, and Product/Tech teams to develop winning solutions that solve our clients’ unique business problems.
- Ownership of new customer acquisition targets, annual sales quotas, and gross & net revenue targets.
- Thought leadership and strategy on establishing target account segments and go-to market strategies.
- Engagement of clients through a highly consultative approach.
- Provide team leadership and guidance on solution concept design, sales strategy, and best practices for managing complex sales cycles both internally with our client and externally with the client.
- Developing top-to-top executive engagement strategies with clients & prospects.
- Sales process design and implementation to continually optimize team output and productivity.
- Designing and leading rep training programs.
- Partnership and collaboration on process design and engagement with various internal cross-functional teams.
- 5-7 years of experience as an individual contributor in business development and sales roles in the contract logistics and/or supply chain space.
- 3-5 years of sales management experience.
- Ability to credibly interface with senior client personnel at both the tactical/operational level and the strategic level.
- Proven success developing and closing new business.
- Familiarity with web-based software products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% as needed.
- Past experience in a tech startup environment is a plus but not a requirement.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Up to 40% travel expected in a post-COVID environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without restriction. Our client will not be sponsoring visas for this role at this time.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, E-commerce, mobile shopping, applications, supply chain, affiliate marketing, A/B testing, average order value, bundling, cohort analysis, conversion, cross-selling, cookies, fulfillment, SEO, SKU, Web analytics, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, SKU, EDI, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management