Our client is more than just another freight brokerage service provider. They inherently understand the role for which transportation plays in your overall business success, because logistics and freight are vital to ours as well. They get it, and they will get it done for you.
Senior Director of Brokerage Operations
Our client is seeking a skilled and dynamic leader to champion an emerging freight brokerage business in the Kansas City area.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accountable for bottom line profit and loss
- Recruit, hire and retain qualified personnel to identify and develop profitable markets and serve qualified customers
- Sales staff management within company’s freight division, including training, career development, and performance reviews
- Establish and consistently monitor sales objectives for the division, ensuring alignment with business strategy
- Develop and monitor enterprise metrics/KPIs to ensure success, including utilization of company CRM
- Diversify the existing book of business into different freight modes; ocean, air, refrigerated, dry van and LTL are currently desired growth avenues
- Ability to model proforma growth opportunities and present these to company executive team; with authority to execute on approved plans
- Reports to company’s COO, with direct interaction with entire executive team
- Grow business from 20-25 million revenue to 150 million + within 3 years
- Executive or senior management experience at a non-asset based freight brokerage operation.
- A minimum of 5 years sales experience in freight brokerage and 3-5 years management experience of a freight brokerage enterprise
- Direct experience managing a profit and loss center with comprehensive understanding of revenue and expense structures including compensation practices customary to the industry
- Direct senior-level relationships with key prospective customers
- Strong network of qualified freight brokers and prospective companies from which to recruit to build the team
- Skilled in management of commercial and credit risk
- Lives or is willing to relocate to the Kansas City metropolitan area
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, P&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations, branch management, customer development, negotiate, business development, carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management, strategic growth, business strategy, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader