Senior Business Development Representative (3PL)
City & State:
Oak Brook, IL
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client, a newly formed 3PL division, focuses on Bulk Brokerage opportunities, as well as, other modes of transportation. Our client is a Top 5 Chemical and Food Bulk Trucking company that has been in business for over 75 years with over 1,000 Drivers and 2,500 pieces of equipment. They service over 1,000 accounts through their asset divisions providing Bulk Trucking, Rail Transloading, TMS Solutions and Inventory Management.
Senior Business Development Representative (3PL):
The Senior Business Development Representative (3PL) will be responsible for developing relationships with Customers and arranging freight transportation to meet their needs while following companys policies, Department of Transportation regulations and other Regulatory bodies having jurisdiction over motor carriers. This position reports directly to the Business Development Manager.
- Develop and manage assigned customer accounts.
- Communicate with our carriers and partners.
- Manage, track, and update assigned load boards.
- Track and update shipment status to customers.
- Freedom to negotiate rates and services.
- Carrier Sourcing & Acquisition.
- Prefer College Degree but time spent in the transportation field may be accepted.
- Freight Brokerage Sales and Operations experience (2 + years experience is required).
- Mode of transportation (Bulk Specialized is preferred).
- Reside in the Chicago, IL Metropolitan area is ideal.
- Must feel comfortable working in a fastpaced environment.
- Strong Selling skills.
- Persuasive negotiation ability (Carrier, Customer, Margin Integrity).
- Develop and execute business plan strategies.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Suite: Power Point, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strategic Thinking.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Sense of Urgency.
- Team Player.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission and standard benefits.