Our client believes that to transform the industry, they must
focus first on truck drivers. Trucks move 71% of freight in America & represent nearly 6% of the American workforce. However, despite the industry being one of the greatest levers of innovation throughout history, it is still deeply fragmented & structurally misaligned. Their mission is to empower truck driver's lives &, by doing so, build the future of the industry.
Senior Accountant - Logistics
This role will be responsible for supporting the accounting of the company’s
ecosystem of products (load board, factoring & others), including month-end close, balance sheet reconciliations, taxes, and more. This role will also work cross functionally to support the expansion of new products and offerings.
Job Type: Full-time/Work From Home
- Be responsible for the financial integrity and accurate reporting of platform-related assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses
- Prepare monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, and account analysis
- Leverage SQL to identify trends and analyze financial data discrepancies
- Identify, develop, and implement scalable solutions that automate or remove manual workflows to streamline processes and improve efficiency
- Collaborate with various business owners to support operationalization of new business initiatives and related revenue streams to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Research, establish, and document accounting policies, procedures, and controls
- Assist with periodic budgeting and forecast processes
- Support external audit requirements
- Assist with ad hoc projects and analysis, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent; CPA preferred
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience, start-up experience is a plus
- Mastery of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and their proper application
- Experience analyzing large and complex datasets
- Advanced Excel skills; SQL and QuickBooks experience a plus
- Independent, motivated, and ready to be challenged
- Ability to roll-up their sleeves to execute, prioritize tasks, and problem solve
- Not afraid to ask probing questions and challenge existing processes
- Comfortable in an evolving ecosystem of accounting issues and projects
- Ability to build relationships and work cross functionally across multiple teams
This position offers a competitive base salary.
SaaS, Software as a Service, Technology, Software Solutions, Technology Solutions, Data Solutions, Analytics, Finance, claims, adjustments, tracking, insurance, legal, inspection, expenses, liabilities, cash flow, P&L, profit and loss, assets, income, expenditures, equity, balance, sheet, SaaS, Software as a Service, Technology, Software Solutions, Technology Solutions, Data Solutions, Analytics, EDI, WMS, TMS, Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Applications, Apps, Implementation, Tech, Hardware, Accounting, bookkeeping, auditing, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, balance, AR, AP, asset, inventory, expense, gross margin, revenue, CPA, Certified Public Accountant, overhead, trends, costs, sales reports, administrative services, receipts, W-9, 1099, ledger, payments, finance, schedules, commission, documentation, invoice, statements, billing, Excel, taxes, transactions, payment terms, accrued expenses, metrics, cost management, OPEX, COGS, CAPEX, actual costs, risks, savings potential, AOP, forecast, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC.