City & State:
Rocky Top, TN
Operations - Asset
Shipper, Safety & Compliance, Driver Management (Recruiting/Training/Retention), Asset Transportation
Our client began in 2017 with a goal to deliver their company built homes safely, with care and precision, in a timely manner. Since then, they've expanded their business to include freight and transportation services for a variety of products and businesses nationwide. Their fleet contains more than 250 tractor and pilot drivers with three transportation hubs in Tennessee, North Carolina and Alabama.
The Safety Manager oversees all DOT, and Health & Safety compliance for Federal and State Transportation & Trucking and Risk Management for our client. The position is also responsible for the Company’s DOT Drug and Alcohol Program for all covered employees.
Job Type: Full-time
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of safety and compliance.
- Lead and oversee all aspects of development, implementation, and management of the Company’s DOT Trucking Compliance Programs, including CMV Files, DOT Driver Qualification Files, DOT Drug/Alcohol Programs, Vehicle Inspections, Hours of Service, etc.
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Regulations.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Conduct investigations, root-cause analysis, follow-up, and closure of action items, and retraining regionally for all vehicle accidents involving Company personnel and/or equipment.
- Conduct compliance audits and risk assessments by inspecting employees and operations.
- Inspect equipment to observe possible unsafe or non-compliant conditions.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities, or new prevention measures.
- Report safety and compliance statistics to Senior Management.
- Conduct New-Hire training, Annual AND Monthly training, and Retraining on safety, compliance, and policy.
- Evaluate of Roadside Inspections of Regional trucks and assess accuracy (Challenge when needed).
- Partner with Corporate Safety and Compliance in reviewing/analyzing safety & operational functionality and developing future strategies.
- Maintain a working knowledge on all FMCSA regulations and state specific regulations by reviewing pending and upcoming changes by the DOT.
- Performs stop Audit and Near Miss evaluations.
- Uses Critical Event Recorder (Lytx) and Safety (Omnitracs) to coach Team Members.
- Ensure the Region is prepared for all future compliance requirements.
- Proven experience in a Safety and Compliance related field
- Bachelors Degree
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Certification in Occupational Health and Safety preferred
- Understanding of FMCSA Compliance
- Experience with In Cab Critical Event Recorder Technology ie Lytx, Omnitracs
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Exceptional problem solving abilities
- Ability to hold others accountable to Company standards on safety, compliance, and policy
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to travel up to ~25% of the time
- Proficient in Word/Excel/PowerPoint
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, Industrial equipment, machinery, heavy haul, overside, materials, metals, woods, plastics, extrusions, adhesives, leasing, drop-site, Dispatch, dispatching, dispatcher, terminal, check-ins, track and trace, load times, wait times, scheduling, pricing, rate negotiation, driver management, maintenance scheduling, fleet, fleet management, fleet coordination, driver checks, MC numbers, FMCSR, OSHA, MC#, MC Number, Carrier Compliance, CFR Regulations, Federal Safety, State Safety, DOT, CMV Operation, Driver Qualification Files, DQF, Motor Carrier Regulations, Carrier On-Boarding, Claims, Insurance, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management