Our client began in 2017 with a goal to deliver their company built homes safely, with care and precision, in a timely manner. Since then, they've expanded their business to include freight and transportation services for a variety of products and businesses nationwide. Their fleet contains more than 250 tractor and pilot drivers with three transportation hubs in Tennessee, North Carolina and Alabama.
Regional Terminal Operations Manager
The Regional Terminal Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing regional freight business and personnel. The ideal candidate will have the knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm to take regional business to the next level. This position has the opportunity to help the organization grow and reach new heights.
Job Type: Full Time
- Oversight of transportation equipment and personnel.
- Assist HR and Recruiting Manager in the interviewing, onboarding and training of new Team Members.
- Meet frequently with customers to ensure a good Customer Experience.
- Serve as customer liaison to central dispatch operations.
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Regulations.
- Familiarity with shipment options, legal issues, government regulations, and safety procedures is required, as is knowledge of geography, mathematics, and computer applications.
- Conducts investigations to determine the root-cause for any incidents within the region. Analyze, follow-up, closure of action items, and retraining regionally for all vehicle accidents involving company personnel and/or equipment.
- Manage personnel activities and schedules and oversee shipment coordination and routing.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities, or new prevention measures.
- Report operational statistics to Senior Management.
- Research and correct customer problems and complaints.
- Maintain a working knowledge on all FMCSA regulations and state specific regulations by reviewing pending and upcoming changes by the DOT.
- Ensure the Region is prepared for all future compliance requirements.
- College Degree in Business or Logistics preferred.
- 5+ years proven experience in Logistics/Transportation management
- Understanding of FMCSA Compliance.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability.
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to hold others accountable to our client's standards on safety, compliance, and policy.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to travel to home build facilities within the region 40%-60% of the time – mostly day trips.
- Proficient in Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
- Previous experience in OS/OW shipments or Mobile Home hauling preferred.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related To: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR