Our client is a leading third party logistics company providing comprehensive supply chain management solutions that span the globe. Their supply chain management solutions are flexible, scalable, and offer visibility throughout the supply chain. They employ more than 1,200 associates and operate more than 1 million square feet of warehousing while providing a range of services. The company offers warehousing, transload services, dedicated contract carriage, dray management, and store delivery servicing the retail, food and beverage, and industrial industries.
Regional Terminal Operations Manager:
The Regional Terminal Operations Manager will have high-level oversight of the terminal functions for their dedicated accounts. They will oversee multiple locations and provide guidance to the operations staff that is reporting to this role. In addition, responsible for account development, visitation and problem solving as necessary to achieve and exceed articulated expectations of customers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Assign and accomplish special projects throughout the entire regional structure.
- Manage an operations staff at multiple locations.
- Travels to facilities to and/or operating locations to accomplish/facilitate root problem identification and implementable solutions.
- Support and lead the operations staff as they direct, manage, control, and coordinate all local, regional Owner Operator and appropriate over-the-road trucking operations to ensure the availability of vehicles, equipment and drivers when and where needed to totally satisfy customer requirements.
- Ensures complete training of all appropriate human resources.
- Make provisions for the proper orientation and training of new personnel.
- Trains supervisory personnel as necessary.
- Ensure accomplishment of quality maintenance services on all locally based vehicles and equipment.
- Enforce and maintain policies, procedures and practices with respect to efficient, fast and safe operation of fleet assets.
- Ensure that safety is FOREMOST in the minds of all personnel.
- As appropriate and with the input and approval of Proper Corporate Executives, implements local policies and procedures to facilitate safe and efficient operations.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws, regulations and directives governing inspection, licensing, insuring and operation of motor vehicle equipment.
- Lead in the selection of new personnel as appropriate.
- Reviews employee performance throughout the probationary period and on a regularly scheduled basis thereafter. Utilizes goal accomplishment as one of the primary measurements.
- Oversee the planning, organization, scheduling and distribution of work among assigned personnel in a fair and equitable manner and in keeping with appropriate skill levels.
- Responsible for account development, visitation and problem solving as necessary to achieve articulated expectations of customers.
- Maintain a regular visitation schedule to core customers and provide excellent customer service.
- Abide by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment that is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the workplace.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience managing multiple terminals.
- Dedicated fleet background.
- Proven experience turning around struggling operations and stabilizing inconsistent programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field preferred but will consider equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Critical, time sensitive decision making that impacts contractual agreement.
This position offers a competitive base salary.