Regional Sales Manager
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client provides you with services and solutions sure to meet your transportation needs. As a Solutions customer, you will have access to their extensive network of preferred carriers, confidently knowing that they are backed by their 3,000-plus power units within the Company's network of companies. Their 24/7 customer support team will prove to be an integral part of your shipping network – answering your questions and providing you with around-the-clock support.
Regional Sales Manager
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for customer development of brokerage and solo asset solutions in an assigned territory. The Regional Sales Manager is accountable for profitable achievement of sales goals, and achieving sales objectives set by management. With a thorough understanding of the customer’s business model, the Regional Sales Manager will identify value-add solutions utilizing company products and services that translate into closed business deals.
Job Type: Full-time/Work from home
- Aligns assigned market with the Regional sales organization’s objectives with firm business strategy through active participation in sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
- Provides input and needs assessment for territory and/or segmentation for effective sales and resource deployment.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume, market share, and other key financial performance objectives.
- Manages market aligned to performance metrics through the sales management system (Salesforce.com). This includes managing performance through the critical performance measures; ensure pipeline activity meet objectives for sales channels / market, and ensure meeting sales goals.
- Activates to include, but not limited to; maintaining an active sales pipeline as defined above.
- Performs Regional sales position while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Establishes and maintains productive peer-to-peer relationships, and with customers and prospects.
- Involve others in collaborative decision-making process
- Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet ongoing company needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Two to four years of sales experience; 2 years of experience selling in the transportation industry is strongly preferred.
- Must demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills- (verbal, electronically, and in written form)
- Excellent customer service skills and communication
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Must possess a high level of personal and professional integrity
- Some after hours or weekend work as required by customer demands and/or seasonality typical to transportation
- Fluent in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient in relationship building internally and externally.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with internal and external customers
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple customers simultaneously while remaining calm and confident.
- Ability to travel as required in meeting essential duties and responsibilities. 60%- 70%
- Must be a team player with strong collaboration skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Possess high personal integrity, sales proficiency with a strong work ethic. Desire to grow sales skills and abilities beyond current role
- Interest in learning more about the transportation/logistics industry and sales
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management