Our client specializes in developing tailor-made logistics solutions for every customer. For over six decades, they have provided the safest, most efficient, and reliable logistics services in the industry. They have extensive experience in air, sea and land cargo transit, as well as the management of logistics and customs procedures.
Regional NVOCC Sales Manager - Midwest:
This position is responsible for growing the company’s logistics business in an assigned Midwest area, in accordance with corporate objectives (i.e. revenue & profit targets, product growth initiatives, etc.). This individual must find and develop qualified leads, then convert them through the sales process into prospects, and then into customers. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, proactive, results driven, hardworking, and has a strong mind set to grow the business, along with a strong air import/export, trucking, warehousing, and ocean (NVOCC) knowledge.
Job Type: Full-time
- Find and develop qualified leads, then convert them into customers.
- Continuously keep the sales pipeline full with potential qualified customers with a wide variety of account types and company sizes.
- Perform visits to qualified prospects and customers, in accordance with management directives, to drive the business and grow the company’s revenue and profitability.
- Builds relationships at all levels and represents the company in a professional manner.
- Achieve the growth targets (revenue, profit, volume) set forth by management.
- Performs all other duties as assigned and requested by management.
- College Degree BA/BS preferred ideally with major in business/marketing, logistics and or supply chain management, or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience of sales within the Freight Forwarding industry (Ocean, NVOCC, air freight both import & export).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong sales approach.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, MS Office, Power point, Internet, etc.).
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Have the ability to travel domestically and internationally.
This position offers a competitive base salary.