Our client is proud to offer their customers a world of diverse and focused transportation solutions. Their world revolves around service to their customers and finding integrated solutions that add value to your supply chain. With more than 40 years of collective experience in serving the needs of the floor covering industry, they are the unquestioned leader in a transportation arena that has expanded far beyond simply hauling truckloads of carpet. They stand today as the premier, one-stop floor coverings logistics provider. They have an extensive track record of success handling a variety of floor covering products, including all types of hard surfaces, rugs and, of course, carpet.
The primary purpose of this position is to facilitate, execute, and deliver projects and improvement initiatives spanning across departments, while ensuring project success and achievement of strategic company objectives. This includes playing an active role in the project, as well as managing and directing project resources. The associate is also required to perform all tasks in observance of the company's brand and strategy and adhere to the core values.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sets communication plan develops reports and executive presentations, and leads steering committee meetings regarding opportunities, milestones, deliverables, dependencies, and risks and issues.
- Prepares materials, and conducts, facilitates and documents workshops and cross functional working sessions to articulate the big picture vision of how strategic initiatives come together to build key capabilities and a value-based roadmap.
- Gathers, organizes and analyzes data, and builds complex financial models and dashboards.
- Tracks progress and collaborates with finance team to validate benefits achieved by the projects and initiatives.
- Partners with cross-functional leads to identify project opportunities, gather requirements, conduct research and analysis to support business cases, and draft business cases.
- Facilitates working sessions to develop project plans (including timelines, milestones and budgets) and methodologies to measure and track financial impact.
- Proactively manages cross-functional interdependencies and risks, and devises contingency plans, to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
- Partners with procurement team to drive RFPs, including vendor selection, negotiation and contracting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) Business or Related field required
- 4 years of experience in Project Management experience required (including planning, tracking and delivery)
- PMI PMP or PMI-ACP Certified
- Familiar with Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Computer Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (i.e.: Project, Word, Excel, and Outlook etc.)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills; excellent written/verbal communications skills required
- Ability to travel up to 40% (Travel is US-based)
- Understanding of the logistics industry, trucking industry knowledge a plus
- Must be able to legally work in the U.S. prior to applying as the company will not entertain VISA arrangements.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: SaaS, Software as a Service, Technology, Software Solutions, Technology Solutions, Data Solutions, Analytics, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR