Our client provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. The company is consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers and inspires its more than 300,000 team members to continue to be the best in the industry.
Job Type: Full-time
Product Manager- Transportation eCommerce Platform (Remote)
This role’s purpose is to own the entire lifecycle of a named technology or platform and be accountable for that technology or platform’s ability to achieve business goals and meet performance levels. This position will collaborate with internal and external technical and non-technical teams, including sales, operations, and support — and will work with outside partners and other third parties. This role will drive development initiatives following SAFe Agile principles and create an environment where the businesses benefits from purpose-built technology roadmaps. This position will effectively solve problems for users while achieving business goals. The outcome/output of this role will solve problems of users internal to the organization and enables the organization to satisfy the needs of its customers via the technology the business uses to support its various business activities.
- Build and maintain technology roadmaps and manage the lifecycle for a set of core technologies and/or software products, including developing a vision and strategy for those technologies.
- Full B2B ecommerce platform lifecycle ownership- own developing new platforms from the ground up and/or incorporating legacy technologies into a holistic CX (customer experience), and serve as the point person and chief promoter of their technology.
- Own the vision and program backlog to drive PI objectives and release content via prioritized Epics and Features and establish feature acceptance criteria.
- Strategically align the roadmaps with the organization’s strategies and objectives.
- Develop business requirements documentation (BRD) and value proposition design based on the customer journey (as well as shipment journey).
- Identify internal or external customer needs and synthesize those needs into both long-term and short-term actions.
- Build multi-year, technology roadmaps based on features and user stories that will guide Agile development teams.
- Develop product launches and go-to-market strategies to drive customer adoption, working with appropriate internal groups for marketing collateral, customer education, incentives, internal operations enablement.
- Follow market and industry trends to safeguard the decision-making process on future technology and/or product development activities.
- Be the key technology contact person within the business for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Cultivate ideas into Epics via analysis and building strong business cases and advocate for funding when applicable.
- Create a product roadmap that incorporates benchmarking against the external competition and the expectations of your stakeholders.
- Become the internal champion and chief promoter of your technology.
- Research commercial products and internal users’ needs, attend industry tradeshows, and build relationships with third party technology providers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, IT, Engineering or related field of study from an accredited university; MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role (Product Manager, Product Owner, Ecommerce Marketing Manager, Segment Leader) is required; commercial (customer facing) experience a plus.
- Experience in ecommerce, SaaS, transportation, logistics industry is a plus.
- Agile, Scrum, or other software development certification required.
- TMS, WMS, GPS, 4G/5G, tracking/tracing technology a plus.
- Experience with PWA (progressive web app), understanding of the potential in a API- first framework, as well as SOA (service oriented architecture) and legacy retiring.
- Clear understanding of how to build or implement products in order to support the organization’s business activities (that are not directly sold to customers).
- Experience working in Agile, Scrum, or Kanban methods and software development
- Ability to prioritize enhancements and epics based on customer and business value, understanding of ROI, impact/effort scoring, and being able to say 'no' and reprioritize as necessary.
- Ability to work across functional departments and with IT software developers.
- Strong internal product management skills and practical experience with internally consumed software.
- Ability to communicate the product vision to the masses (internally within our client’s company and to external partners and customers, from agents to CEOs, from salespeople to enterprise architects).
- Ability to manage groups of cross-departmental teams and succeed in a matrix environment.
- Forward thinking and willingness to fail fast and fail forward. Exceptional presentation abilities and intrapersonal communication.
This position offers a competitive base salary
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, SaaS, Software as a Service, Technology, Software Solutions, Technology Solutions, Data Solutions, Analytics