They don’t just ship boring! They can handle whatever your shipping needs, but they specialize in the difficult, unique, unusual & impossible shipments. They have shipped nearly 5 million pounds of pumpkins, rocket launchers, aerial drones, 100 ton crawler cranes, tanks, bulldozers, and fabricated metals for commercial use and even for the CIA. You may not need their services, but their happiest customers have reported that they save them time and frustration.
Job Type: Full-time
Pricing and Operations Specialist
A successful candidate must be confident talking on the phone and comfortable working in a fast paced, often stressful environment. The ideal candidate should have experience brokering full truck load of either flatbed, step deck or RGN. This position will be responsible for developing sustainable rates and creating pricing solutions that are both consistent with the company’s corporate goals and meet operational needs to grow business. This role requires being self-motivated, dependable, detail-oriented, and possess the ability to prioritize and can work with little or no supervision.
- Create pricing solutions for new business opportunities, utilizing financial models and optimization tools.
- Effectively manage a high volume of requests.
- Update and maintain accurate quotations in rate software application.
- Analyze customer data to develop an understanding of their shipment profile and service requirements.
- Work with and coach carrier sales representatives to ensure accurate truck pricing.
- Develop efficient distribution solutions considering carrier partner network capabilities.
- Coordinate as part of a cross-functional operations team on tactical projects.
- Maintain customer and vendor pricing system.
- Assist with research and analysis of data in support of management decisions.
- Participate in continuous improvement training.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Analyze customer RFPs, pricing projects, and benchmarking opportunities.
- Forecast trends within North American supply chain markets.
- Communicate with sales professionals and senior management to develop customer-specific pricing strategies.
- College degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years transportation experience pricing freight & customers required.
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook and an ability to learn software developed for our client’s business.
- Excellent written, verbal, and basic mathematics skills required.
- Required to successfully complete a background check and must have two of the three following documents that are unexpired and current:
- Birth certificate
- Driver’s license
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload