Our client provides quality, customized logistics solutions. They are committed to being the industry leader with their success built upon a foundation of customer service, lasting relationship, and a healthy culture.
Job Type: Full-time
This role is responsible for developing sustainable rates and creating pricing solutions that are both consistent with the company’s corporate goals and meet operational needs to grow business.
- Create pricing solutions for new business opportunities, utilizing financial models and optimization tools.
- Effectively manage a high volume of requests.
- Update and maintain accurate quotations in rate software application.
- Analyze customer data to develop an understanding of their shipment profile and service requirements.
- Develop efficient distribution solutions considering carrier partner network capabilities.
- Coordinate as part of a cross-functional operations team on tactical projects.
- Maintain customer and vendor pricing system.
- Assist with research and analysis of data in support of management decisions.
- Participate in continuous improvement training.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Analyze customer RFPs, pricing projects, and benchmarking opportunities.
- Forecast trends within North American supply chain markets.
- Communicate with sales professionals and senior management to develop customer-specific pricing strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in logistics/transportation industry.
- Previous pricing experience.
- Previous database experience.
- Knowledge in market trends and recognizing appropriate market adjustments when needed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain structure and organization.
- Goal-driven and highly self-motivated.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC