Our client was created in 2019. They have the industry knowledge and experience to provide their customers and carriers with exceptional service in conjunction with cost-effective pricing. The developers of this company have over 50 years of combined experience in the logistics industry to include: flatbed, intermodal, military, over dimensional, van and refrigerated business.
Outside Sales Executive - Remote:
This role requires strong sales skills and will be responsible for driving the business growth of the brokerage business by effectively developing a pipeline of potential customers in conjunction with the ideal customer profile of the business.
Job Type: Full-time/Work from home
- Generate business leads internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective clients nationwide.
- Cultivate new sales leads to establish business and market/ negotiate offered services.
- Maintain ongoing and open daily phone communication with customers.
- Provide follow-up customer satisfaction with clients as needed.
- Manage client relationships including sales meetings, quarterly business reviews and entertainment such as lunch and dinner events.
- Create and deliver high-quality presentations to customers.
- Provide quotes for current and prospective clients.
- Work with team members to effectively transition opportunities and relationships to the operations team.
- Overcome internal obstacles that limit growth/ service consistent with company deliverables.
- Maintain sales and growth-oriented mindset associated with organic growth.
- Use available industry tools and relationships to identify potential customers.
- Perform analytical and logistics planning to proactively identify problems and implement effective solutions.
- Foster growth in brokerage business through collaboration with all company departments and willingness to do “whatever it takes” to ensure customers’ needs are met.
- Strive to achieve goals on the individual, team and company level.
- BA or BS degree preferred.
- 10+ years of sales and/or logistics and transportation operations experience.
- Sales and/or operational experience in one or more of the following environments preferred: truckload brokerage, full truckload (including van, flatbed, reefer, etc.) and truckload pricing/freight rate negotiations in U.S. markets.
- Business to business outside sales experience.
- Proven sales success required.
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer service skills.
- Proficient in using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment that involves learning and using multiple applications and handling a high volume of phone calls.
- Knowledge of TMS programs used for brokerage services.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.