Outside Logistics Sales Representative
City & State:
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Outside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is a nationwide logistics company, arranging transportation solutions throughout North America as well as internationally. The company was founded in January 2000. The founder has over 30 years of experience in multiple modes of transportation operations prior to establishing their logistics division. Our client is a veteran owned/operated company headquartered in Murfreesboro, Tennessee with offices throughout the United States.
Outside Logistics Sales Representative:
The Outside Logistics Sales Representative is responsible for being a tactical seller. This position will focus on multi-level relationships with customers including: networking with customers, building strong relationships, obtaining information from various parties to understand internal activities and find selling opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time/ Work from home
- Identify leads, manage prospects and acquire new business, conduct a minimum of 10 sales presentations per week by physical visits to customer locations.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s services and pricing structure.
- Generate and develop new customer accounts to increase revenue.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Complete scheduled and cold call prospecting activities to establish first and follow up appointments with customer decision makers.
- Emphasize the Company’s service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit
- terms, and prepare initial rate quotes to support in-house operational personnel.
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals/presentations and follow up with key decision makers.
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Make front-line assessment of market conditions and advise company of possible shipping possibilities.
- Coordinate and interact with the Operations team on a daily basis to ensure all
- customer needs are communicated to maximize freight opportunities.
- Develop a weekly sales schedule as well as an After-Action Report on visits both being approved by the Vice President of Operations prior to and after visits.
- Maintain accurate records, including sales call reports, expense reimbursement
- forms, billing invoices, and other documentation.
- Assist in creating RFP responses to potential customer lane requests.
- Meet or exceed sales benchmarks and goals outlined in the Company’s Sales Initiative and/or directives provided by the Company leadership.
- Utilize the company’s Transportation Management System (BrokerWeb) and log all
- sales data in CRM to track daily activity/loads.
- Utilize other transportation and marketing software such as Truckstop, Transcore, Hoovers, ThomasNet etc, to increase market share and gain industry knowledge.
- Send daily activity reports to the Vice President of Operations and other Company
- leaders to review weekly sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective customers.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- 3-5 years of outside Sales experience in the logistics industry.
- College degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Be a team player.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and professional conduct.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.