Outside Logistics Sales Executive
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Outside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client's objective is to be the best transportation partner available today and they believe in establishing long term personal relationships. Their goal is to become more than just another logistics company or big box broker. Instead, they want to become a valued partner in helping their customers grow their business. They want to give customers a competitive advantage through attention to detail and dedication to results.
Outside Logistics Sales Executive:
This role is responsible for being a strategic seller. This position will focus on multi-level relationships with customers including: networking with customers, building strong relationships, obtaining information from various parties to understand internal activities and find selling opportunities.
Full-time/Work from home
- Prospect and cold call to develop new customers.
- Identify and execute revenue enhancing strategic partnerships.
- Manage, renew and up-sell existing clients.
- Create a sales pipeline by generating qualified new customer leads.
- Collaborate with sales team to develop expertise and new customers.
- Prepare client presentations, contract negotiations and provide follow through.
- Sell all service offerings provided by our client within the logistics industry.
- Respond to RFPs with a high degree of detail and in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in company promotional events, as well as, outside company sales gatherings, such as networking events and client promotions.
- Organize workflow to divide time effectively between business development and maintaining current relationships.
- Achieve growth and margin; Be held responsible and accountable for respective budget and leads sales budget preparations.
- Interface with various internal departments to ensure delivery of customer satisfaction.
- Close sales opportunities by understanding the customers' needs and offering the best solution based on our client’s company’s services.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2+ years of outside business to business sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous logistics/transportation sales experience highly preferred.
- Tradeshow, Retail Fixture, POP Fixture and live event experience is beneficial.
- Proven ability to establish and close new business.
- Must have excellent communication, customer service, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and maintain solid working relationships with clients and staff.
This position offers a competitive base salary.