Our client is a national brokerage company providing 3rd party logistics services. An integral part of their service offering is coordinating Independent Motor Carriers to provide services for the home delivery of appliances to consumer homes and businesses on behalf of the clients.
Operations Manager - White Glove/Final Mile:
This position will be responsible for overseeing operations and the on-site staff that interacts with the client and manages the day-to-day operations, client relations and relationships with motor carriers. Days of operation include Tuesday thru Sunday. The qualified candidate should have experience in distribution, customer service and preferably experience with final mile delivery. Candidate must also have a proven track record in improving overall operations, excellent team building and organizational skills, the ability to make important decisions and be proficient in Microsoft Suite. This position requires a self starter who can oversee, manage, organize, hire, people management, automated routing systems and work with customer service personnel to develop business relationship with clients and their customers in a very decentralized environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Work with Management to achieve company productivity and performance objectives.
- Monitor key performance indicators; proactively identifying trends.
- Recruit and oversee independent motor carriers and maintain positive working relationships.
- Client and customer service relations.
- Handle conflict resolution.
- Oversight of claims management.
- Maintain and uphold company policies and procedures.
- Understand every staff position at the location and assist/perform all duties as needed.
- Mentor and develop staff.
- Minimum 5+ years of demonstrated leadership and motivational skills.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience managing budgets and profit goals.
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Home delivery background preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree (not required, but preferred).
- Hands-on experience with routing technologies.
- Open availability to meet the location needs.
- Available for flexible work schedule, including weekends.
- Very occasional travel.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of Federal and State D.O.T. regulations.
- The ideal candidate will have geographical area knowledge of Atlanta, GA and surrounding areas, exceptional customer service skills, the ability to problem solve and provide resolution to issues in a fast-paced environment.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, ECommerce, Last Mile Shipping, Final Mile Shipping, Final Mile Delivery, Last Mile Delivery, Hot Shot, Courier