Our client aims to provide imaginative and transformative opportunities that go beyond traditional logistics. They provide a wide range of logistics services that have proved capable of meeting the needs of many of the world’s best known and most demanding companies. They constantly seek innovative ways of adapting to the latest digital technology as part of an approach designed to provide an agile and tailored response to every customer's needs. With over 30+ years of supply chain optimization – for themselves and their clients – they understand what an intelligent supply chain really can be. Whether you need to reduce your return rates, introduce smart vans or build an entirely new supply chain, they will introduce not only the visibility and insights you need to understand the issues, but the predictive analytics and machine learning to predict them and the technology to respond with new intelligent services.
The role of Operations Manager is to oversee an efficient, safe and high-quality operation delivering exceptional performance to our client’s customers and an engaged working environment for our personnel. The Operations Manager will be expected to learn, fully understand and adopt lean management principles and approach.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health & Safety/Security
- Ensure Environmental, Health & Safety requirements are met
- Comply with Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Develop and Install Procedures and controls to maintain a safe & secure work environment.
- Maintain regulatory compliance for health, safety and security for the warehouse.
- Ensure through good communication and personal example that employees understand the objectives of our client's safety policies and hold employees accountable if they are not following policies.
- Ensure secure measures are in place and proper guidelines followed to ensure the safeguard of our client's/Customer inventory.
- Deliver operational KPIs and SLAs and ensure proper controls to sustain required performance.
- Develop and Implement action plans to rectify any of target KPI and SLA performance.
- Full P&L understanding and accountability for the warehouse budget.
- Establish and deliver “year-on-year” service improvement and cost down actions.
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team (SMT) to maintain customer satisfaction and respond to changes in business requirements.
- Establish a positive working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Act as customer liaison to build and maintain relationship.
- Oversee delivery of all daily processes and ensure client is satisfied with daily operation and services provided.
- Project Management oversight, to include resource planning, on time delivery and successful completion of various ad hoc assignments.
- Ensure strict C-TPAT security requirements.
- Support and direct the timely completion of warehouse studies and activities.
- Support Business development projects, which vary from the proposal to the implementation and self-sustaining stage.
- Lead warehouse tours as necessary
- People Management
- Identify and conduct interviews for all leadership roles within warehouse.
- Develop staff within the warehouse operation in order to grow talent.
- Lead and Develop the warehouse operation by:
- Setting goals & objectives
- Delivering Mid-Year and Annual Appraisals for all Direct Reports
- Ensure all Mid-Year and Annual Appraisals are completed for all staff members
- Coach and mentor staff; develop staff competencies to the fullest potential
- Ensure succession plans are in place for staff
- Develop staff competency in Our Client's Way § Utilize the performance management process when appropriate
- Lead teams by example, actively engage staff in conversation in the warehouse.
- Knowledgeable in company policies and handbook to ensure compliance.
- General Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate handover of information to covering Managers.
- Ensure all staff issues are responded to in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Ensure clear and concise instructions are provided to staff.
- Ensure promptness at meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain a smart and business like appearance at all times
- Identify areas for personal development to improve performance in role and actively seek ways to improve
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Ability to travel to support other sites as required by the business (10% travel)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of previous leadership experience
- 10+ years of 3PL and/or Warehouse and Distribution experience
- Excellent leadership and people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility to achieve desired results and KPIs.
- Intermediate knowledge of SAP functions/transactions or similar WMS
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to deal with conflict and maintain a engaged and productive work environment
- Ability and willingness to be flexible with working hours to meet operating needs of the business
- Ability to travel as required to meet the needs of the business
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, Auto, Plant, Assembly, Manufacture, Build, Automation, Robotics, production, inventory, parts, supply chain, stamping, metals, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, SKU, EDI, General Industry Osha Standards, Staff Management, Line Management, Workload Planning, Movement Monitoring, Inventory Levels, Training, Receiving, Dock Operations, Inbound, Outbound, Value-Adding, Picking, Packing, Kitting Operations, SCRUM, Location Management, Reconciliation, Process Management, Process Improvement, SOP, Materials Control,Plant Safety, Staging Management, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC