Operations Carrier Manager
City & State:
San Mateo, CA
Non-Asset (Complex Supply Chain Solutions), IT (Information Technology)
Our client is a freight technology company that develops technology and data intelligence underlying radically more efficient logistics businesses. They leverage machine learning, robotic process automation, and the human touch to service motor carriers in the US. They are using the benefits of cutting-edge technology to significantly enhance the livelihood of small and medium sized trucking companies at scale. This is as much about developing cutting-edge technology as it is about leveraging innovative business models and their sensitivity to real-life user behavior.
Job Type: Full-time
Operations Carrier Manager
The Operations Carrier Manager will work on the operations team in San Mateo, CA. This is a demanding role because our client will expect you to be a hands-on and tactical manager willing to roll-up your sleeves, but also a strategic thinker. You’ll experience first-hand the thrill of joining a tight team and early stage employees will have a real impact on the direction of the company. If you thrive in ambiguity and solving tough problems, this may be your role.
- Work hand-in-hand with our client’s first customers in developing their product and operational flows.
- Conduct iterative prototyping and testing of operational processes and customer experiences.
- Co-create technology interfaces and exploit opportunities for robotic process automation.
- Develop playbooks, SOPs and service standards for our client’s dispatch team.
- Recruit, select, manage and retain a team of dispatchers.
- Set goals and performance metrics to measure and evaluate team performance.
- Help evaluate a long-term strategy for delivery of customer success solutions.
- 5 years’ experience in logistics operations, including fleet management or dispatch functions.
- Previous experience managing dispatchers and working with freight brokers, drivers and other carriers.
- Graduate degree is a plus.
- Ability to have a can-do attitude and enjoy a hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Energetic, driven and ambitious.
- Strategic thinker, outstanding manager and hands-on operator.
- Attention to detail and administrative housekeeping items.
- Creative problem solver obsessed with finding hacks to get to your goals.
- Customer-centric above when developing operational processes.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A knack for data, analytics and visualization.
- Thrive in the environment of a start-up acknowledging both the thrill and challenges of its fluidity.
This position offers a competitive base salary.