Our client is the leading provider of transportation management services and logistics technology, helping manufacturers, retailers and distributors optimize supply chain operations and increase financial performance. Offering a complete suite of transportation management, strategic capacity, and cross border and global trade services, their customizable logistics solutions and best-in-class technology gives businesses greater control of their transportation operations and enhanced visibility of shipments and overall supply chain performance. They deliver the optimal blend of actionable business intelligence and operational excellence to manage your supply chain with certainty.
On-Site Transportation Manager
The On-Site Transportation Manager will be responsible for managing and implementing a lean supply chain through Transportation Management activities. The scope of work includes, but is not limited to, strategic planning with the customer on their inbound transportation network, operational execution, and KPI management and driving costs savings projects. This position does have account level P&L responsibility.
Job Type: Full-time
- Operations Management (P&L Responsibility, Strategic Plan Development, Overall Operations).
- Customer Relationship (Consistent and professional communications; effective, prompt, and courteous communications with respect to difficult situations, relaying service failures, etc.)
- Meet or exceed our client’s Targeted Financial Objectives.
- Ensure appropriate use of internal service providers where benefits exist for our client and their customers.
- Meet or exceed customer financial and service targets.
- Active development, distribution and customer alignment of business metrics that highlight both financial and service value.
- Ensure team development and growth aligns with corporate development goals.
- Proactively identify and communicate issues, propose and implement solutions for continuous improvement in regards to processes, cost, service, and profitability.
- Improve ordering and transportation processes with material planners and directors to drive out transportation waste.
- Work with receiving and shipping docks to improve processes to streamline transportation.
- Develop and distribute customer reports and internal performance management reports.
- Understand and apply all aspects of customer contracts.
- TMS Updates/Maintenance (including rates, SRG, OCA, FAM, SPT, etc.)
- Monitor and hold team accountable for all key job functions.
- Business Reviews (Creation, Development, Presentation of).
- Employee Development Ownership (Coaching, Mentoring, Hiring, etc.)
- Engage Employees as business partners on a regular basis to discuss career development, current performance, and training opportunities (cross-account, cross-functional, etc.)
- Retain overall ownership of assigned areas of responsibility.
- High school diploma or GED required. College Degree preferred.
- 4 years of logistics and/or transportation. Background in automotive logistics preferred.
- Customer facing experience required.
- Advanced computer skills needed.
- Microsoft Excel: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including but not limited to V/H Lookup, Pivot Tables and advanced formulas.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to envision and implement new concepts/strategies.
- Simultaneous management of multiple tasks, negotiation skills, advanced written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Customer service, client relationships, customer relationships, client growth, maintain clients, account maintenance, build relationships, grow clientele, grow business, RFP, RFQ, generate sales, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC