Our client is one of the leading Export Boxing and Crating providers in the U.S., specializing in the military shipping industry needs of both U.S. & international clients for over 50 years. They handled the DEW Radar Line project for the U.S. Army during the Cold War.
Since their inception they have worked with Fortune 500 clients and Government Agencies. They are well versed in International as well as domestic operations, including crisis response. Their support for U.S. military operations and those of their allies, has given our client the experience to act at a moment’s notice, including on location at military bases, as required with flexible needs.
Ocean Export Supervisor
The Ocean Export Supervisor is responsible for Export Logistics and Transportation operations, analysis, evaluation and control of information. This role must also acquire knowledge and expertise around safety and control on the logistic processes, policies, procedures and practices of the Company.
Job Type: Full Time
- Quote and coordinate oversize and explosive shipments
- Liaise with ocean lines for bookings and equipment
- Review all client ocean B/L's for proper rating
- Rate negotiation with ocean carriers for client shipments not covered by tariff
- Quote commercial ocean forwarding business
- Quote commercial packing, containerizing and pier delivery business
- Provide AES support to all export staff
- Maintain company NVOC tariff
- Supervise the following staff and Provide coverage when absent from office:
- Ocean Export Documentation staff
- Domestic FTL Transportation department
- 5+ years of prior Ocean Export and / or Related Experience
- 3+ years of prior Supervising / Leadership Experience
- Prior Hazardous Materials Experience is a PLUS
- Prior experience with CargoManager is a PLUS
- Prior Government experience is a PLUS
- Knowledgeable of export/import countries documentation requirements
- Knowledgeable of custom regulations in USA and in destination countries
- Excellent relationships with logistic providers related with their sector (Ocean carriers, freight forwarders, trucking companies, custom agents)
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC