A company with over a century of experience and more than $6
billion in sales, our client provides diverse supply chain solutions for the grain, animal feed, pet food, aquaculture, and food industries. Our client’s 1000+ employees are engaged in buying, selling, storing, and handling grain and ingredients as well as managing transportation and logistics worldwide.
Ocean Export Coordinator
The Ocean Export Coordinator will take customer booking requests &
send booking confirmations, dispatch & monitor drayage providers, process customer shipping instructions / prepare & issue bills of lading, and issue customer invoices. The Ocean Export Coordinator also will provide first-class customer service to TSC’s internal & external customers by managing drayage & ocean vendors and fielding customer complaints and independently providing service-recovery.
Job Type: Full-time
- Provide front-line customer service to internal and external customers.
- Receive & execute customer booking requests.
- Process customer SI, prepare & issue B/Ls and customer invoices.
- Trace & trace assigned shipments to prevent potential shipping delays / resolve actual shipping delays.
- Dispatch drayage providers.
- Minimum of three years international logistics experience.
- Familiarity with international ocean freight market trends.
- Forward thinking with a digital mindset.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Basic knowledge of national and international geography.
- One year of international transport experience with a freight forwarder, a NVOCC, an ocean carrier.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take on a broad range of tasks.
- Comfortable using an array of digital tools.
- Competence with MS Office Suite.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Food Stuffs, Grocery, FDA, Inspection, Food Grade, Consumables, Perishables, Edibles, Safety, Inspection, OSHA, Certified, Certification, Quality, Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC