Night Operations Representative
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Carrier Sales (Brokering/Capacity Management)
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client was founded in 2007 and has since evolved into a Top 100 3PL (third-party logistics) transportation provider servicing middle-market, as well as Fortune 500 companies. With a total customer focus and team-driven processes, our client is built to provide their customers with turnkey solutions specifically designed to cater to their transportation needs. It is the vibrant atmosphere and the people that really make the difference. Hiring energetic, driven, and talented team players have such a positive impact on the evolving culture. In the spirit of growth and development, employees are encouraged to provide opinions, collaborate with their peers and constantly share ideas on how to improve.
Night Operations Representative:
The Night Operations Representative is responsible for providing quotes to customers, in-transit updates and any other communication based on customer needs. Additionally, this role is responsible for maintaining and developing new and existing carriers in the company’s network and must work well under minimal supervision in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Full-time/Work from home
- Coordinate with carriers to ensure on-time delivery by tracking trucks for pick-up, estimating times of arrival and delivery, and recovering loads when necessary.
- Process customer requests, plan and optimize shipments into loads, and tender freight to third-party carriers.
- Update Transportation Management System (TMS)/McLeod & MacroPoint with shipment information.
- Handle rate negotiations with customers and carriers on a spot rate basis.
- Grow current carrier relationships and develop new relationships to support the customers.
- Proactively provide updates to customers on all shipments.
- Respond to customer and carrier communications with speed and accuracy.
- Collect hard copy proof of deliveries from carriers.
- Resolve any issues or concerns by providing excellent customer service.
- Process COMCHEK when requested.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Responds to rate requests within 15 minutes of receiving.
- Sends Rate Confirmations to carriers.
- Tracks Shipments providing timely and proactive updates to accommodate customer tracking requirements.
- High School Diploma (minimum).
- Two plus years of experience in Transportation/Logistics (preferred).
- Professional working experience with MS Office Suite.
- Transportation Management Software (TMS) (preferred).
- Strong written and verbal communication required.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer