Our client is an early stage venture capital firm. The firm is committed to partnering with innovative entrepreneurs to build highly disruptive, industry transforming companies. The leadership team combines deep operational expertise within the technology sector along with extensive strategic advisory experience to deliver unparalleled value to its investment portfolio. The firm is based in Dallas, TX, and is actively seeking B2B focused investments across the mobility, healthcare and business services sectors.
Network and Portfolio Development Manager (Logistics)
This role will be responsible for our client’s proptech and mobility investment process from deal sourcing to due diligence to portfolio management. This individual will need to work closely with and build consensus among all stakeholders across our internal team including our client’s partners, executives, customers, etc. The ideal candidate will be based in Dallas-Fort Worth, however, they will consider a remote position on a case-by-case basis.
Job Type: Full-time
- Establish and sustain a strong deal flow pipeline by leveraging your own proprietary networks as well as the networks of the whole team.
- Coordinate sourcing and screening activities and prioritize deal flow based on the objectives of the program to deliver financial and strategic objectives.
- Be the resident expert on proptech and mobility technologies that are relevant to our client’s operation.
- Develop and maintain clear perspectives on markets and opportunities in this space.
- Lead investment activities and evaluate different technology companies for both investment opportunities as well as their applicability to real estate transactions.
- Oversee development and execution of transactions and ensure compliance with the program’s investment process.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of strategic and operational objectives for success of our client’s company.
- Manage the portfolio of proptech and mobility companies to ensure our client is a good strategic partner and leveraging their resources to enable their growth.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-10 years’ experience in venture capital, private equity, corporate development, consulting, investment banking, start-up leadership or related fields ideally with a focus on real estate and or mobility/logistics.
- 2-3 years’ experience in real estate operations or other direct commercial/industrial real estate experience preferred.
- An existing strong network in the real estate and/or mobility ecosystem with an ability to build a network in new locations.
- Unquestionable integrity, work ethic and commitment with a self-starter attitude.
- Unafraid to challenge the norm and develop new processes and best practices.
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong financial modeling and writing skills.
- Capable of sourcing companies and able to diligence a startup with experience structuring and negotiating deal terms.
- Desire to stay with the firm as it grows in the years ahead.
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves” and “wear many different hats” to build a great company.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: SaaS, Software as a Service, Technology, Software Solutions, Technology Solutions, Data Solutions, Analytics, SaaS, Software as a Service, Technology, Software Solutions, Technology Solutions, Data Solutions, Analytics, EDI, WMS, TMS, Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Applications, Apps, Implementation, Tech, Hardware, Consulting, Consultation, Consult, Contract, Contracting, Agency, Improvement, Outsource, Outsourcing, Best Practices, KPI, SOP, Change Management, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Project Planning, Project Deadlines, Budget Management, Vendor Management, PMP, Risk Management, Forecasting, Process Improvement, Analytical, Agile, Executing Plans, Execution Metrics, MS Project, PMP, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader, VP, Vice President, Regional Vice President, President, Executive, Leadership, Leader