National Logistics Sales Representative (Remote)
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Outside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is a privately owned Third Party Logistics Company (3PL) that has been providing successful freight logistics and supply chain solutions for three generations. Our client utilizes all modes of transportation to arrange logistics all over the world: including truck, rail, ocean and air. They focus on building and maintaining long-lasting business relationships with customers, carriers and service providers. By hiring and retaining only the best people, they have been able to streamline practices within supply chains, increasing efficiencies and managing cost. Our client is not only the oldest privately held freight transportation brokerage in the country, but also a widely-recognized industry leader for over half a century.
Remote National Logistics Sales Representative:
The role of the Remote National Logistics Sales Representative is to grow company profits, by continually finding and on-boarding new, large accounts on a national level, and by professionally serving and developing strong relationships with existing customers through continual needs assessment, solution development, and solution delivery. The company expects this individual to be a consummate professional in all activities relating to representing the company, in the office, on the phone, in the field, entertaining customers and otherwise. The company expects this individual to achieve consistent growth, year over year in spread dollars, load count, and in the value of our customer relationships. Annually, sales goals are expected to rise.
Job Type: Full-time/Work from home
- Find new customers and close sales, focusing on all shippers, but particularly larger companies
- Demonstrate strong phone and in person prospecting skills in accordance with Socratic Selling.
- Grow volume and profitability of existing customers by providing professional service.
- Focus on securing lanes over loads, regular shipper over irregular shippers: Priority should be placed on finding and developing customers with repeat truckload volume.
- Demonstrate achievement, or at minimum ongoing progress toward, meeting or exceeding all specified company goals for, e.g., revenue, spread, load count.
- Work as a positive team member, always available to assist colleagues, teammates, carriers, customers, etc.
- Collaborate closely with CSR and KAM staff to perfectly understand and articulate customer needs to (a) maximize customer satisfaction; and (b) maximize motor carrier engagement, involvement and satisfaction
- Close deals, accept and enter loads, set appointments, and gift wrap loads for CSRs to cover, update customer on status, problems, issues, successesfollow up after delivery. Ensure TMS contains all necessary information concerning shipment details, freight handling requirements, and all customer needsand expectations.
- Demonstrate pricing proficiency, resourcefulness and creativity, relating to:
- Pricing services to customers and estimating costs of carrier services.
- Negotiating pricing and service alternatives with customers.
- Demonstrate proficiency in: Understanding customer requirements, challenges and opportunities, communicating to the team, all relevant order facts, to ensure perfect service, communicating non-order specific customer facts and opportunities to our internal team, including supervisors, management, coworkers, carrier sales team, and key account managers. Managing the business of, and relationships within, a national account customer portfolio. Managing a customer database and transportation management system, maintaining current information. Managing a sales funnel, and moving prospects through to closing. Communicating to management, at any time, the status of customer portfolio & sales funnel
- Establish meetings with a purpose or agenda with customers and prospects, when warranted.
- Demonstrate to DS a business case in advance of field travel to customers and prospects
- Demonstrate proficiency scheduling field travel to minimize drive time and maximize meeting times.
- Be aware of, review, know where to find, and work in accordance with, company policies and procedures.
- Work successfully with the members of your team, your supervisor, and all other staff. Ensure your responsibilities are covered when out of the office.
- Demonstrate business acumen and strong interpersonal skills.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Thorough knowledge of the book, Socratic Selling required.
- 2-3+ years Sales Experience preferred.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate strong organizational skills, strong written and oral communication skills, initiative and the ability to work well within ateam as well as independently.
- Computer literacy is a must. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Excel is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail and provide consistent follow-through is required.
- Possess strong prospecting skills and demonstrate an intelligent, thoughtful approach to developing new leads, software, TMS, reports and other tools to build your funnel of leads.
- Strong analytical skills regarding targeted opportunities.
- Understand the financial impact of the business generated.
- Understand the relationship between customers with regular volume and growth in load count and spread; in other words, build valuable relationships, andfocus on winning lanes rather than loads or infrequent, irregular shipping customers.
- Be resilient, able to bounce back many times throughout days, weeks, months and years.
- Be persistent, and dont hesitate to make calls to customers and prospects.
- Be a good planner: plan your day, plan field travel, plan loads needed to meet goal, plan number of calls needed to achieve goals, plan this week, next week,next month and next year.
- Proactive problem solving and conflict resolution are helpful.
- Excellent phone skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong relationship building.
- Work well independently.
- Ability to gather customer information with first pass efficiency.
- Ability to organize and execute a meeting (internal / external) with regard to details, timing and goal for outcome.
- Strong knowledge of transportation and/ or great interest in continued learning.
- Goal oriented.
- Ability to broker relationships between the customer and other team members when needed, and to know when to do so.
- Sense of urgency.
This position offers a Competitive Base Salary + Incentive and Benefits.