National Logistics Account Executive
City & State:
Clarendon Hills, IL
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is the leading asset-light based truckload, less-than-truckload, intermodal, and specialized service provider that offers logistics services to countless customers across a wide range of industries in North America. Their carrier representatives will find the best options available to deliver your freight. They also provide flexible logistic solutions, multimodal transport and a personal approach.
National Logistics Account Executive:
The Logistics Sales Executive is responsible for directing sales efforts to expand the Company’s customer base. Their main goal is to generate net new business and ensure that sales targets are met or exceeded across all lines of business. This is an exciting opportunity for a sales professional who enjoys a fast-paced environment, works well independently, as well as, with a dynamic team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Generate leads through cold calling, networking and referrals.
- Manage a balanced sales funnel. Execute all steps of the sales process from target to close to continually securing new business.
- Exceed all standards for prospecting calls, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Maintain and grow new business in an assigned territory.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction - maintain close contact with all customers – including follow up on concerns or other issues.
- Negotiate contracts and rate agreements.
- Develop, execute and monitor strategic and tactical goals to maximize sales, profit and to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Provide documented activity reports of your sales efforts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Follow all company policies, ethics and company procedures.
- Minimum 2-3+ years’ experience within the Logistics & Transportation Industry.
- Bachelor degree is preferred but not essential if candidate has appropriate sales training or experience.
- Extremely organized, flexible, proactive and creative.
- Excellent selling, presentation and communication skills.
- Strong business knowledge of North American transportation modes and customers.
- PC Competency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel program.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload