Managing Director of Operations
City & State:
Technology Software, Freight Audit, Claims
Our client is the leading technology services company focused on reducing
transportation costs through automated audit and freight recovery, business intelligence, and contract negotiation solutions. Their cloud-based solution addresses customer needs using data-driven analytics and reporting to identify trends, examine current business activities and needs, and detect areas for improvement and optimization.
Managing Director of Operations
Our client is seeking a Managing Director of Freight Operations who will be responsible for optimizing the freight audit process and helping their team members achieve their desired goals.
- Oversee the Freight Audit, EDI & Freight Rate Loading Teams.
- Understand all aspects of the freight audit process (LTL, TL, Intermodal, Drayage, Ocean, Air, Rail – all modes outside of parcel).
- Drive continuous improvement efforts to increase operational efficiency in the freight audit process.
- Work alongside the product team for new features that would enhance the customer, carrier, or internal team member experience.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the various team leads within the Company.
- Conduct regular audits of existing customer’s audit business rules and processes to ensure contractual compliance.
- Engage Employees as business partners on a regular basis to discuss career development, current performance, and training opportunities (cross-account, cross-functional, etc.).
- Act as liaison between the implementation team and freight management teams to ensure customers are being onboarded properly and thoroughly.
- Serve as point of escalation for freight related issues.
- Support sales team as the expert in the freight management space.
- Occasional travel to corporate offices, prospects, or existing customers.
- Minimum of 10 years in the transportation space and has expert knowledge of freight transportation – freight, LTL, TL, Ocean, Air Freight, Drayage, Intermodal & Pool distribution.
- Previous freight audit experience
- Must have prior leadership / management experience and the ability to create win/win environments for all parties that they work with.
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Self-motivated, driven, creative, & ambitious
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: SaaS, Software as a Service, Technology, Software Solutions, Technology Solutions, Data Solutions, Analytics, Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA, Finance, claims, adjustments, tracking, insurance, legal, inspection, expenses, liabilities, cash flow, P&L, profit and loss, assets, income, expenditures, equity, balance, sheet, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Transportation Management, On-site, dedicated transportation, dedicated fleet, site operations, hubs, hub, account management, operations, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management