Our client is a family-owned operations with 40 years of experience providing a unique delivery service for the medical industry. They lead the industry in freight transportation and 3PL in the United States.
Manager of Dispatch Operations
In this position, you will be responsible for leading a dispatch team to ensure a consistent quality of service, customer satisfaction, scalability, and support across the growing network of our client’s customers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Training and onboarding of dispatchers in your region.
- Manage scheduling, coordination and tracking of dispatchers shifts for the week.
- Ensuring dispatchers are completing their daily task of efficient response time, best practical job order assignments, tracking couriers, following up, and consistent communication.
- Ability to negotiate with Independent Contractors servicing our client’s customers.
- Work diligently with Leadership, Operations Management, Sales, and other third-party organizations to oversee delivery operations and ensure SLAs are achieved.
- Assist in all aspects of logistics operations as needed including driver communication/training, order dispatching/monitoring and serving as last line of defense for physical pick-up/delivery of customer shipments.
- Creating a culture of high-level communication between dispatchers and all customers regarding operational challenges, updates, investigations, and ETAs in a professional timely manner.
- Constantly evaluate areas for operational integration and efficiency within key customer accounts.
- Collaborate with sales team to identify important areas of growth. Ensure smooth customer implementations and long-term success.
- Required to keep inventory of office supplies while monitoring dispatchers keeping their workspace as a clean and functional environment.
- Promote a positive work environment by cultivating ACI’s mission, vision, and values into the culture of all company internal and external relations.
Develop, maintain, and communicate objectives and key results (OKRs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) to drive efficiency and focus.
- Comfortable assuming ownership of end-to-end delivery operations for key customers.
- Experience in Healthcare Transportation/Logistics, Supply Chain Solutions preferred but not required.
- Ability to work as a team player in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that regularly requires shift in focus/job responsibilities week-to-week.
- Excellent written and oral communication/phone skills.
- Project management experience and/or customer relationship management experience preferred.
- Goal-driven and highly motivated.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Comfortable presenting information and responding to questions from executive leadership, employees, and customers.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, Medical, Pharma, Pharmaceutical, Devices, Equipment, Sterile, Sterilized, Contamination, FDA, OSHA, Drug, Hazmat, High-value, ECommerce, Last Mile Shipping, Final Mile Shipping, Final Mile Delivery, Last Mile Delivery, Hot Shot, Courier, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management