Our client is the leading global supplier of parent rolls of tissue to more than 80 countries worldwide. They have unparalleled market intelligence and a strong network of strategic alliances, resources, and insider knowledge that help their clients grow their businesses and achieve higher profits. They stand for honesty, integrity, and social responsibility.
Manager of Customer Service and Supply Chain
This is a player/coach role and this individual will be managing a team of five Customer Service/Logistics Representatives. This role will be responsible for creating SOPs for all suppliers and customers, analyzing and interpreting data, and providing ongoing support for inventory management to ensure accuracy. Additional responsibilities will include providing sales support for customer, vendor, order, inventory, production, international, and domestic logistics and billing management, in order to ensure the continuity and growth of current and new clients. This person must be a process/efficiency guru and tech savvy with knowledge on maximizing the use of tools such as CRM, ERP, MSFT Office, etc.
Job Type: Full Time
- Provide appropriate backup to sales team to ensure continuity and growth of allocated accounts.
- Obtain, process, and monitor orders throughout the order process, including placing orders with vendors and tracking production, shipping, delivery, and billing.
- Cultivate and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders in the order process, including sales, vendors, warehouses, and carriers.
- Resolve issues with customers and communicate in a friendly manner, always offering the best service to the stakeholders involved
- Provide ongoing support for inventory management to ensure accuracy.
- Develop SOPs with all suppliers and key customers.
- Organize information across disparate systems, create and manage centralized data repositories for inventory, import availability, pricing, supplier capabilities, order tracking, etc.
- Must be able to understand data and present the data effectively.
- Run analysis and reports based on costs, customer service level, individual performance, inventory, etc
- Work cross-functionally to review pricing, capacity, service KPIs.
- Provide industry expertise, guidance and support.
- Execute monthly executive summaries for C-level leadership.
- Develop and maintain best business practices.
- Manage resource allocation while identifying emerging markets and market shifts.
- Strategically understand the supply and demand of paper and utilizing this information to plan the logistics and freight costs.
- Minimum 5-10+ years of experience in a fast-paced, high volume customer service/logistics environment.
- Prefer candidates that can speak Spanish
- Experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- Strong technology skills; CRM, ERP, Oder tracking system, etc.
- Proven management and leadership experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to a changing customer and business environment and keep a cool head, effectively dealing with stressful situations.
- Ability to develop close working relationships and make independent and cost effective decisions to eliminate delays in the supply chain.
- Possess a high level of thinking and problem-solving to resolve customer issues.
- Demonstrate excellent communications skills and a learning approach, consulting others in the organization as necessary and expressing ideas to improve operations.
- Supply Chain Management/Logistics certifications are preferred. Examples:
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional certification (CSCP)
- APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- APICS Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR-P) Endorsement
- ISM Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
- ISM Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity (CPSD)
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage